• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Double Reason Thread: Vibes for Biccy / OMG Pick up Ginger tonight!

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Morning All :wave:

I've got a shameless request for vibes first.

With Biscuit's seperation anxiety clearly showing each time he's left in the house on his own for long periods, today is a bit horrible for me :(

He's at home, in his extended pen, with food, water, toys and space. But i have this horrible gut feeling my OH will get home at 5pm to find he hasn't used his litter tray all day again :( So she'll be blubbering on the phone to me, worried about him and we'll have to get the herbs out etc and the pineapple pieces i always have in the fridge for when i go away.

I actually feel sick im so worried about him, i hate doing this to him, he doesn't deserve to be worried that he's on his own :cry::cry::cry:

He'll be alright, won't he? :?: :cry:

Secondly i feel excited about tonight, picking Ginger up from Starlights after work, really nervous about taking her home and the very long car journey. Taking Ringo from her also to another forum member en-route, so i'm worried about him also, it's ~2hrs journey for him, but ~3.5 for Ginger and me.

I hope they both travel well, vibes for that from any one would be appreciated also.

I also miss my OH immensely, i'm hopeless/useless without her :(:love:

Sorry, long post, but i'm sat at work on my own, feeling very emotional right now!

Gray

Last edited:
DO NOT PANIC!

He will be getting used to time alone now, and will probably sleep all day.

And it's the last time, because he'll have Ginger to keep him company in future :love:

And it's the last time, because he'll have Ginger to keep him company in future

Totally agree. Try not to panic today and enjoy the excitement of collecting Ginger.

Aww Gray.

Biccy will be fine. He was fine last time, wasn't he? And if he hasn't used the litter tray, it isn't the end of the world - your OH will be able to deal with it. And in no time he will back to his little ol' self :D

As for Ginger and Ringo..the trip is longish, but I am sure you will have made sure their carrier is stocked with hay. If you are worried about them dehydrating, bring a long a bag of wet veggies and pop them in with them. If the car is at a comfortable temperature, and any music not up too loud - I am sure they will just settle down and have no troubles. When you get to Ringo's new home, you will get the chance to check if Ginger is ok, and then it is only another 1.5 hours until you get home. :D We had to travel an hour each way with Charlee to pick up Noah, and I know it isn't 3.5 hours but they were fine. Suitably grumpy, but fine. :D

In no time you will be back home, with a gorgeous fluffy bunny, and back with your OH and Biscuit. Not long now!!

I am sure Biccy will be fine, and how exciting about Ginger?? aw you will have two loved up buns like mine in no time:love:

Aw Graham, it will soooo be worth it!!

I can totally understand why you are worried though. Best of luck and sending lots of vibes!! xx

Graham the others are right. This will be the last time Biscuit will be on his own. Once he and Ginger are bonded they will keep each other happy. I used to have the same problem when Alfie was on his own, but now he has Faunus quite honestly I don't know if they would care if I was there or not... well as long as they have food of course!! :roll::lol::lol::lol:

Aww Biccy will be fine, he'll probably spend the day dreaming of his wifey bun :love:
Try not to worry too much (easy for me to say, I know) but just think, by tonight the whole family will be together & cooing over Ginger :love:

Vibes for everything going smoothly :wave:

Awwww sending lots of vibes for Biccy, although I'm sure he'll be fine.

And OMG how exciting about Ginger!! I bet you can't wait! Sending vibes for her and Ringo for their car journey!

Bet you can't wait for the day to pass and be back home with OH, Biccy and Ginger tonight!

Hope everything goes smoothly!

Aww Gray.

Biccy will be fine. He was fine last time, wasn't he? And if he hasn't used the litter tray, it isn't the end of the world - your OH will be able to deal with it. And in no time he will back to his little ol' self :D

As for Ginger and Ringo..the trip is longish, but I am sure you will have made sure their carrier is stocked with hay. If you are worried about them dehydrating, bring a long a bag of wet veggies and pop them in with them. If the car is at a comfortable temperature, and any music not up too loud - I am sure they will just settle down and have no troubles. When you get to Ringo's new home, you will get the chance to check if Ginger is ok, and then it is only another 1.5 hours until you get home. :D We had to travel an hour each way with Charlee to pick up Noah, and I know it isn't 3.5 hours but they were fine. Suitably grumpy, but fine. :D

In no time you will be back home, with a gorgeous fluffy bunny, and back with your OH and Biscuit. Not long now!!

Yeah, he was okay, but that was the first time he was, he then wasn't next time we went out for ~8hrs, so i dont know if it was a one off. I just love him too much i think so worry myself stupid :?

Ginger/Ringo haven't had veggies from my understanding, i certainly know Ginger hasn't, so i can't do the vet veggies idea :( I've got a water bottle from where she's coming from to attach to the carrier, but dont know if the hay will be enough argh! I'm just a total stress head today.

I'm stopping at half way also at some other services, just to check on them both and give them a few pellets each (i had a little tub with about 20 in :) )

Talk about mixed emotions!

Thanks guys :)

I'm sure Biscuit will be fine, most rabbits tend to sleep in the afternoons anyway and it isn't their big eating time either,a nd like the others have said, once they're bonded this situation won't ever happen again as they will always have each other :love: My Joejoe is a different rabbit since he got his wifeybun Jess, in fact sometimes I feel quite the gooseberry around them :roll::lol:

Good luck with the journey home, stop worrying and get excited!!!!

Yeah, he was okay, but that was the first time he was, he then wasn't next time we went out for ~8hrs, so i dont know if it was a one off. I just love him too much i think so worry myself stupid :?

Ginger/Ringo haven't had veggies from my understanding, i certainly know Ginger hasn't, so i can't do the vet veggies idea :( I've got a water bottle from where she's coming from to attach to the carrier, but dont know if the hay will be enough argh! I'm just a total stress head today.

I'm stopping at half way also at some other services, just to check on them both and give them a few pellets each (i had a little tub with about 20 in :) )

Talk about mixed emotions!

Thanks guys :)

How long will your OH be out for? Can she pop home for lunch? If she could, that might give you peace of mind.

I probably wouldn't attach the water bottle to the carrier as it might leak and make a sodding mess all over your car! Perhaps just offer them some water when you stop. Hay will be enough - remember a rabbits diet is betwen 80%-90% hay, they will be fine!!

How long will your OH be out for? Can she pop home for lunch? If she could, that might give you peace of mind.

I probably wouldn't attach the water bottle to the carrier as it might leak and make a sodding mess all over your car! Perhaps just offer them some water when you stop. Hay will be enough - remember a rabbits diet is betwen 80%-90% hay, they will be fine!!

No chance she will go home at lunch time, reasons i cant explain :roll: :(

Maybe i'll do that with the water bottles then, i'll see how things go.

I think i'll be alright, if i just stop thinking about them...

No chance she will go home at lunch time, reasons i cant explain :roll: :(

Maybe i'll do that with the water bottles then, i'll see how things go.

I think i'll be alright, if i just stop thinking about them...

You know what you need - a Biccy webcam!! :lol: Then you could check on him!

Don't even joke.

I've been looking at a cheap IPCam, only black/white but... lol

Ooh if you figure out a reasonable deal let me know as i want to find something to put in our bunny shed so I can see what Twix and Star get up to! :lol:

Back