PDA

View Full Version : Double Reason Thread: Vibes for Biccy / OMG Pick up Ginger tonight!

GrahamL
01-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Morning All :wave:

I've got a shameless request for vibes first.

With Biscuit's seperation anxiety clearly showing each time he's left in the house on his own for long periods, today is a bit horrible for me :(

He's at home, in his extended pen, with food, water, toys and space. But i have this horrible gut feeling my OH will get home at 5pm to find he hasn't used his litter tray all day again :( So she'll be blubbering on the phone to me, worried about him and we'll have to get the herbs out etc and the pineapple pieces i always have in the fridge for when i go away.

I actually feel sick im so worried about him, i hate doing this to him, he doesn't deserve to be worried that he's on his own :cry::cry::cry:

He'll be alright, won't he? :?: :cry:

Secondly i feel excited about tonight, picking Ginger up from Starlights after work, really nervous about taking her home and the very long car journey. Taking Ringo from her also to another forum member en-route, so i'm worried about him also, it's ~2hrs journey for him, but ~3.5 for Ginger and me.

I hope they both travel well, vibes for that from any one would be appreciated also.

I also miss my OH immensely, i'm hopeless/useless without her :(:love:

Sorry, long post, but i'm sat at work on my own, feeling very emotional right now!

Gray

Blackberry & Co
01-10-2010, 08:54 AM
DO NOT PANIC!

He will be getting used to time alone now, and will probably sleep all day.

And it's the last time, because he'll have Ginger to keep him company in future :love:

youthnovels
01-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Agreed. He will now have a beautiful little playmate to cause mayhem with. :love:

Amy104
01-10-2010, 08:57 AM
And it's the last time, because he'll have Ginger to keep him company in future

Totally agree. Try not to panic today and enjoy the excitement of collecting Ginger.

pigsforlife
01-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Aww Gray.

Biccy will be fine. He was fine last time, wasn't he? And if he hasn't used the litter tray, it isn't the end of the world - your OH will be able to deal with it. And in no time he will back to his little ol' self :D

As for Ginger and Ringo..the trip is longish, but I am sure you will have made sure their carrier is stocked with hay. If you are worried about them dehydrating, bring a long a bag of wet veggies and pop them in with them. If the car is at a comfortable temperature, and any music not up too loud - I am sure they will just settle down and have no troubles. When you get to Ringo's new home, you will get the chance to check if Ginger is ok, and then it is only another 1.5 hours until you get home. :D We had to travel an hour each way with Charlee to pick up Noah, and I know it isn't 3.5 hours but they were fine. Suitably grumpy, but fine. :D

In no time you will be back home, with a gorgeous fluffy bunny, and back with your OH and Biscuit. Not long now!!

Shellypops
01-10-2010, 09:00 AM
I am sure Biccy will be fine, and how exciting about Ginger?? aw you will have two loved up buns like mine in no time:love:

Grin
01-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Aw Graham, it will soooo be worth it!!

I can totally understand why you are worried though. Best of luck and sending lots of vibes!! xx

NLENG2000
01-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Graham the others are right. This will be the last time Biscuit will be on his own. Once he and Ginger are bonded they will keep each other happy. I used to have the same problem when Alfie was on his own, but now he has Faunus quite honestly I don't know if they would care if I was there or not... well as long as they have food of course!! :roll::lol::lol::lol:

Hugbut
01-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Aww Biccy will be fine, he'll probably spend the day dreaming of his wifey bun :love:
Try not to worry too much (easy for me to say, I know) but just think, by tonight the whole family will be together & cooing over Ginger :love:

Vibes for everything going smoothly :wave:

Bitzy
01-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Awwww sending lots of vibes for Biccy, although I'm sure he'll be fine.

And OMG how exciting about Ginger!! I bet you can't wait! Sending vibes for her and Ringo for their car journey!

Bet you can't wait for the day to pass and be back home with OH, Biccy and Ginger tonight!

Hope everything goes smoothly!

GrahamL
01-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Aww Gray.

Biccy will be fine. He was fine last time, wasn't he? And if he hasn't used the litter tray, it isn't the end of the world - your OH will be able to deal with it. And in no time he will back to his little ol' self :D

As for Ginger and Ringo..the trip is longish, but I am sure you will have made sure their carrier is stocked with hay. If you are worried about them dehydrating, bring a long a bag of wet veggies and pop them in with them. If the car is at a comfortable temperature, and any music not up too loud - I am sure they will just settle down and have no troubles. When you get to Ringo's new home, you will get the chance to check if Ginger is ok, and then it is only another 1.5 hours until you get home. :D We had to travel an hour each way with Charlee to pick up Noah, and I know it isn't 3.5 hours but they were fine. Suitably grumpy, but fine. :D

In no time you will be back home, with a gorgeous fluffy bunny, and back with your OH and Biscuit. Not long now!!

Yeah, he was okay, but that was the first time he was, he then wasn't next time we went out for ~8hrs, so i dont know if it was a one off. I just love him too much i think so worry myself stupid :?

Ginger/Ringo haven't had veggies from my understanding, i certainly know Ginger hasn't, so i can't do the vet veggies idea :( I've got a water bottle from where she's coming from to attach to the carrier, but dont know if the hay will be enough argh! I'm just a total stress head today.

I'm stopping at half way also at some other services, just to check on them both and give them a few pellets each (i had a little tub with about 20 in :) )

Talk about mixed emotions!

Thanks guys :)

paulinejoe
01-10-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm sure Biscuit will be fine, most rabbits tend to sleep in the afternoons anyway and it isn't their big eating time either,a nd like the others have said, once they're bonded this situation won't ever happen again as they will always have each other :love: My Joejoe is a different rabbit since he got his wifeybun Jess, in fact sometimes I feel quite the gooseberry around them :roll::lol:

Good luck with the journey home, stop worrying and get excited!!!!

pigsforlife
01-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Yeah, he was okay, but that was the first time he was, he then wasn't next time we went out for ~8hrs, so i dont know if it was a one off. I just love him too much i think so worry myself stupid :?

Ginger/Ringo haven't had veggies from my understanding, i certainly know Ginger hasn't, so i can't do the vet veggies idea :( I've got a water bottle from where she's coming from to attach to the carrier, but dont know if the hay will be enough argh! I'm just a total stress head today.

I'm stopping at half way also at some other services, just to check on them both and give them a few pellets each (i had a little tub with about 20 in :) )

Talk about mixed emotions!

Thanks guys :)

How long will your OH be out for? Can she pop home for lunch? If she could, that might give you peace of mind.

I probably wouldn't attach the water bottle to the carrier as it might leak and make a sodding mess all over your car! Perhaps just offer them some water when you stop. Hay will be enough - remember a rabbits diet is betwen 80%-90% hay, they will be fine!!

GrahamL
01-10-2010, 09:19 AM
How long will your OH be out for? Can she pop home for lunch? If she could, that might give you peace of mind.

I probably wouldn't attach the water bottle to the carrier as it might leak and make a sodding mess all over your car! Perhaps just offer them some water when you stop. Hay will be enough - remember a rabbits diet is betwen 80%-90% hay, they will be fine!!

No chance she will go home at lunch time, reasons i cant explain :roll: :(

Maybe i'll do that with the water bottles then, i'll see how things go.

I think i'll be alright, if i just stop thinking about them...

pigsforlife
01-10-2010, 09:22 AM
No chance she will go home at lunch time, reasons i cant explain :roll: :(

Maybe i'll do that with the water bottles then, i'll see how things go.

I think i'll be alright, if i just stop thinking about them...

You know what you need - a Biccy webcam!! :lol: Then you could check on him!

GrahamL
01-10-2010, 09:23 AM
You know what you need - a Biccy webcam!! :lol: Then you could check on him!

Don't even joke.

I've been looking at a cheap IPCam, only black/white but... lol

pigsforlife
01-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Don't even joke.

Don't worry, I have thought about getting one in the past as well! :oops::lol:

NLENG2000
01-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Don't even joke.

Ooh if you figure out a reasonable deal let me know as i want to find something to put in our bunny shed so I can see what Twix and Star get up to! :lol:

GrahamL
01-10-2010, 09:32 AM
I'm thinking one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edimax-Ic-1510wg-Hi-speed-Wireless-Camera/dp/B001P465W2/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Its cheap, wireless and just needs a little configuration.

As i do this as a job, wouldknt be hard to do i dont htink

susie bun
01-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Sending mega-vibes for all concerned! :wave:

Bluesmum
01-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Don't worry too much about the trip back....If I remember rightly Ringo is coming to Portsmouth for Georgie? I'm in Gosport and have done the journey back/forth from Kris's with Blue, Blue & Ollie, Blue & Marnie as well as Bea.
They will be fine! It won't be hot so they won't over heat....and clacket lane is a good place to stop for refershments :wave:

GrahamL
01-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Don't worry too much about the trip back....If I remember rightly Ringo is coming to Portsmouth for Georgie? I'm in Gosport and have done the journey back/forth from Kris's with Blue, Blue & Ollie, Blue & Marnie as well as Bea.
They will be fine! It won't be hot so they won't over heat....and clacket lane is a good place to stop for refershments :wave:

Ringo isn't going to Georgie anymore Bluesmum :?

I was thinking Clackets for stop #1 :)

Kermit
01-10-2010, 10:15 AM
I am sure all will be fine.

My Herbie & Inca had over a 4 hour journey to get to me.

amyhhh
01-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Good luck!
I'm sure it will all go fine and Biscuit will be so happy with a lovely new girlfriend to keep him company!

Mrs Ord
01-10-2010, 11:08 AM
They travel a lot better than we give them credit for. I drove two giants from durhan to the lakes then from there they went roughly another two hours in another car. They started sleeping by the second hour in my car. They'll fret at first but they do eventually calm down. Maybe its the same as driving babies and the motion soothes after a while.

esupi
01-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Aw...I wish my OH worried about our bunnies as much as you worry about yours!

I'm sure the journey will go ok as there's no way you will be underprepared!
Good luck anyway though!!

lildebs
01-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Don't worry! Oscar travelled from Midlands-yorkshire-then yorkshire to Blackburn...heck of a long journey and was still bouncing when he was put in his temp enclosure!
If there was concerns about distance you wouldn't be adopting him. :D
Your OH will soon come around when your new addition arrives and all with be forgotton IF Biscuit has made a mess.....:D

pennypoos
01-10-2010, 12:52 PM
My Oh would never travel all that way to rescue a bunneh, he doesn`t like my rabbits :cry:. I think I`m going to divorce my husband and marry you :D:thumb:

Don`t worry about your rabbits, everything will be fine.:wave:
Good luck for today.:D

Jenova
01-10-2010, 02:06 PM
I always travel with my bunnies. I've made a thread in the photos section if you want to have a look. They travel really well, and as there's two of them it'll give you a little taste of snuggles to come with your two. ;)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?p=4063367#post4063367

GrahamL
01-10-2010, 02:09 PM
I always travel with my bunnies. I've made a thread in the photos section if you want to have a look. They travel really well, and as there's two of them it'll give you a little taste of snuggles to come with your two. ;)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?p=4063367#post4063367

Aww, that was really nice of you Jenova, thank you :)

They look ever so happy :)

Barney rubble
01-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Sending you all lots and lots of good luck vibes for u all today, I'm sure it'll all go smoothly for you. xx

coco1200
01-10-2010, 02:39 PM
wooooooooo best of luck, bet you are well exited! I can never sit still or sleep whenever I get a new animal :lol:

Bebopy
01-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Sending tons and tons of vibes and I hope everything goes smooth! xxxxxxxxx

chelle
01-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Bless you! Im guessing its almost pick up time for you to get Ginger (Honey) & Ringo!:love:
Im sure Biccie will be fine....they tough little things - more than we know....and its the last time for him too once sweet little Ginger is home with you & OH.
Thats so lovley you miss your OH so much....I wish I was missed!:(:roll:

The car journey is quite long...but chat to them & make sure they have lotsa hay & some wet veges or herbs & they will be fine. They will also be able to smell each other which may be of comfort to them. Bless they will have to say goodbye to each other forever!:(
Im sure that both buns will be fine in your wonderful care - its a happy and exciting day for you & OH...I do hope that the journey goes smoothly & quickly for you & the buns....:wave:

GrahamL
01-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Leaving 5 pm to head off :o :shock:

Excitement and apprehension! I have no idea where im going and my mobile battery is nearly flat! lol

Bitzy
01-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Oooh good luck - hope it all goes smoothly! :D

PS/ Any news on Biccy?

PixieRabbit
01-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Leaving 5 pm to head off :o :shock:

Excitement and apprehension! I have no idea where im going and my mobile battery is nearly flat! lol

I hope you don't get too lost :roll:

Do you not have one of those plug in charge/car battery things? If not print off a map at work google maps is really helpful.

GrahamL
01-10-2010, 04:35 PM
I hope you don't get too lost :roll:

Do you not have one of those plug in charge/car battery things? If not print off a map at work google maps is really helpful.

i forgot my charger :( i'[m going to try and buy one on the way from a local computer store we use for work, but if not, i have google maps printed :D

DaydreamBunny
01-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Good luck Graham

Heather&Bart-MyLittleBuns
01-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Try not to worry too much, I'm sure he will be ok! :)

and soon he will have Ginger to keep him company :D:love:

Good Luck with the journey, remember we will be needing pic as soon as possible ;):D

ETA - I sooo want a bunny webcam :oops:

Pie
01-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Good Luck Gray! :wave:
I hear the weather isnt great so take care on the roads and keep us updated one what Biccy's like! :D

Rachel89
01-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Hope you have got the lovely ginger home andd your all settleing in :love:

lizzyjm
01-10-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm away from home 'til tomorrow but came on here on my phone especially to see if there was news on Ginger!

smoo
01-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Ahhhh, i'm too excited !! Let us know you got her home ok!!

I can't believe i'm this excited about someone else getting a new pet!

:lol::lol:

chelle
01-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Hope you have got the lovely ginger home andd your all settleing in :love:

me tooooooooooooooooo!:wave:

kaths101
01-10-2010, 11:02 PM
:wave: Hope you got home ok with Ginger? you might still be travelling!

Cant wait to see Ginger at home with Biccie, I bet your really excited and just want to get her home.

Update us when you can :wave:

Sayrah82
01-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Hey Graham,

Only just caught up on this thread - hope the journey was alright. Can't wait to hear how Biscuit & Ginger get on!

*lily*
02-10-2010, 07:32 AM
Are you home yet? :shock::lol::lol:

Grin
02-10-2010, 08:55 AM
Hey Graham, how's it going? :wave:

Heather&Bart-MyLittleBuns
02-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Hope you got home ok! Hows Ginger?? :D

Bitzy
02-10-2010, 09:39 AM
:wave: We need Ginger and Biscuit updates!! :D

How's it all going? Bet you're sooo pleased to finally have her home!

Georgeypudding
02-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Graham ?! WHERE ARE YOOU? :shock:

PixieRabbit
02-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Me thinks he's just distracted by a lovely new bun, orrrr Biscuit decided to beat him up :shock: :oops: :lol:

pigsforlife
02-10-2010, 10:52 AM
I can't believe he has managed to stay away from RU for so long :shock:

GrahamL
02-10-2010, 11:01 AM
She is here!!!

No pics yet as laptop won't turn on :roll: so on mobile.

I didn't get home til just after midnight. 6 hours of solid driving last night. Then my lovely OH woke me up at 8.15 :evil::lol:

Ginger is okay, shed had cuddles,food and poops :)

:love: biscuit is being a gent and just ignoring her mainly :lol:
Will pop back later maybe and do pics if I caj fix lappy.

Hope all are well!

Gray.

P.s what a lovely person Kris is! :)

pigsforlife
02-10-2010, 11:29 AM
She is here!!!

No pics yet as laptop won't turn on :roll: so on mobile.

I didn't get home til just after midnight. 6 hours of solid driving last night. Then my lovely OH woke me up at 8.15 :evil::lol:

Ginger is okay, shed had cuddles,food and poops :)

:love: biscuit is being a gent and just ignoring her mainly :lol:
Will pop back later maybe and do pics if I caj fix lappy.

Hope all are well!

Gray.

P.s what a lovely person Kris is! :)

I am so glad everything went well :) I can't wait for pictures. :D

Are they in pens next to each other? And Biscuit was ok during the day?

susie bun
02-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Poor Graham. You must be exhausted, and here we all are champing at the bit for pictures! Take it easy and have a relaxing weekend getting to know the new arrival. :wave:

NLENG2000
02-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Glad you are all home safely. Really looking forward to updates on how the bonding is going! :)

Bink
02-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Very exciting news Graham, can't wait for an update!

Grin
03-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Hope you've managed to chill out Graham. How's it going with them? Cant wait for piccies!! x

pigsforlife
03-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Hope you've managed to chill out Graham. How's it going with them? Cant wait for piccies!! x

He already has pics up ;)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=248125&highlight=GrahamL

and another pic in here - http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=248127&highlight=GrahamL