• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I give Panacur with a treat

Jenson

Mama Doe
Another new bunny owner question.
My vet gave me Panacur when I took him for his first myxi jab. There is no way I'm going to be able to hold him and syringe it in because he won't let me hold him yet.
My plan is to give him it on a bunny chocolate drops. Is this ok? I know its not ideal, but they are small so I'll know he's eaten it and he hasn't had treats before.

Last edited:
I gave Loxxy hers in a basil sandwich as suggested on here, she didn't even notice! Just put it in between two leaves/leafs!!

I make mine in to a sandwich too - I have Sage in the garden so I use two sage leaves and sandwich them together with the panacur paste, mine will eat it in the hollow of a piece of celery too - I don't think it tastes that bad.

Lots of ideas, hadn't even thought of making a leaf sandwich, I like that! I need to order some of the crunchies online too!
Thank you :D

Back