• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

concerned about an advert- what to do? UPDATED Rescued and now at my house

blue_vix

Mama Doe
This on preloved..

1x male lop eared and 1 female lion head, the male has been done so these are no longer a breading pair. the lion head needs teeth clipping every few monts but clippers are included. the hutch is in red and is a two tier, would mae a nice focus point to any garden both rabbits are good eaters and in good health please contact me and make me a reasonable offer as i am open to offers

:shock::shock::shock:

Last edited:
This on preloved..

1x male lop eared and 1 female lion head, the male has been done so these are no longer a breading pair. the lion head needs teeth clipping every few monts but clippers are included. the hutch is in red and is a two tier, would mae a nice focus point to any garden both rabbits are good eaters and in good health please contact me and make me a reasonable offer as i am open to offers

A good focus point !!! :shock::shock::evil:

This on preloved..

Poor thing :(

Hartlepool.

I have just messaged to ask if they would rehome the buns, and they can have the hutch to sell seperately. I would have to rehome but I really can't do nothing if they're are prepared to let them go to someone saying they should be clipping teeth and even providing the clippers. If anyone knows a better course of action I will PM the link

They won't let them go without me buying the hutch, which I can't afford to do- especially if theres going to be expensive vet bills :( I have said the offers open for me to take them if them would rather sell the hutch seperately..

ETA they have got back to me and said I can go and see them on sunday. If I am able to take them is there anyone who would be able to take them on as a rescue? Do I need to post that somewhere else? I can keep them short term and get them to a vet but not really longer than a couple of months at the most.

Last edited:
You are where I was with Tulip and Tiesto. You are doomed to fall in love.

Other than that I cant help, lucky for them you saw the ad:)

Hopefully these two shall be snuggled safe and sound with me, If the hutch is decent and can fit in car I'll be taking that too lol

Hopefully these two shall be snuggled safe and sound with me, If the hutch is decent and can fit in car I'll be taking that too lol

Take the hutch, I bet it is :censored: That way they cant put another poor bun in it, or sell it to some other idiot:roll:

Good luck and awaiting photoes:D

Take the hutch, I bet it is :censored: That way they cant put another poor bun in it, or sell it to some other idiot:roll:

Good luck and awaiting photoes:D

Well I have the council coming to collect a lot of rubbish (wood and bricks and the old hutch the five came in) so If its pap I'll take it for the council to take away :roll:

The hutch is only a 3' double and they want something like £60 for the hutch and the rabbits, I have sort of pursuaded them the hutch would be easier so sell without the rabbits- I can't afford to buy it anyway but it isn't really usable. I didn't want to push it and they say I can't take the rabbits..

This on preloved..

The "concern" for these poor "Preloved" animals and the subsequent responses from the vendor just appalls me.

The sales pitch of "the hutch would make a nice focus point to any garden" and "both rabbits are good eaters and in good health".

Presumably, teeth clipping does not relate to "health"?:evil:

In the end, the point is all about "make me an offer".:(

How about an advert that said:

Useless hutch with two poor rabbits included. One rabbit needs teeth clipping by an amateur (clippers included). Don't care where rabbits go or who gets them. Quickest cash offer secures.

Seems to be about the case.:evil::censored:

How shocking - clippers included?!:shock::evil:
I cant wait for the pics - thank goodness you saw the ad & the owners are happy to let them go!

Ahh don't think I can afford £60 to just destroy a hutch sadly. Can't wait to meet these sweethearts.

How can they sell a 3' hutch for that:shock: I saw a hutch for sale on the way to my vet. It was £50, and the length of a litter tray, wish I had the money to buy it too.:(

How about an advert that said:

Useless hutch with two poor rabbits included. One rabbit needs teeth clipping by an amateur (clippers included). Don't care where rabbits go or who gets them. Quickest cash offer secures.

Seems to be about the case.:evil::censored:

In a nutshell! :evil:

I think whoever takes the buns needs to buy the hutch as well. If not it'll go on to house some other poor neglected bunny. :(

Back