• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Boarding

lilbel

Warren Scout
Hi all, :wave:

Sorry - I didn't know where to post this...

My mum wants to take my partner and I away on holiday for 10 days to Antigua! Yay! :D

I'm really worried about what to do with the buns. My uncle and mum's friend would be more than happy to pop round, but neither have had bunnies and I'm worried if anything happened they wouldn't know the signs that somethings wrong.

Does anyone know of a good bunny boarding place near me. I'm in New Eltham, South East London which is near Greenwich.
Or do you think they would be ok for 10 days?
They are 7 months old, so not prone to illness like an older rabbit may be but do like to rush around thier enclosure.

Any help would be great. :D

Hi! I am not too far away from u. I have tried a few locals boarders but would not leave my animals there again- the last completely ignored my feeding instructions and got through a bag of pellets in 5 days and told me when I picked them up that they were a bit fatter than when I dropped them off cos she likes to feed them up a bit. Also, Apparently, my rabbits wound up their dog who ran around the garden and jumped on their hutch and run and my rabbits bit the dogs feet (she was laughing when she said that!)

However, the next place I am going to try is Home Stay, which is in Welling. If u google home stay animal boarding, details will cone up. There are some good reviews on there so hopefully she is good.

You will have to let me know what u decide. Good luck!

Hi both,

Thank you very much for your replies. :)

Nikki - I have looked at so many on the internet - I don't know where to turn. lol
My mind automatically thinks the worst and I couldn't bare it if someone mis-treated my buns. That's what I am most worried about. When you see all these TV programs of vets mis-treating animals, it really makes you have to think.
That's why my partner and I travel quite away for our vet as she is fantastic.
So many I look at also have dinky little hutches. :(

Starlights - Do you have any prices for the boarding service?
We are looking to go away on the 10th November until the 20th. I am looking to take the 9th off to drop the buns off at their temporary home and then pick them up in the 21st.
Do you do 12 day stays?
I would love to have the buns stay with you if you are able to offer this as I know you are a bunny lover and see you post many a time on here. :D

Thanks again for the replies.
I appreciate your help.
:wave:

Hi both,

Thank you very much for your replies. :)

Nikki - I have looked at so many on the internet - I don't know where to turn. lol
My mind automatically thinks the worst and I couldn't bare it if someone mis-treated my buns. That's what I am most worried about. When you see all these TV programs of vets mis-treating animals, it really makes you have to think.
That's why my partner and I travel quite away for our vet as she is fantastic.
So many I look at also have dinky little hutches. :(

Starlights - Do you have any prices for the boarding service?
We are looking to go away on the 10th November until the 20th. I am looking to take the 9th off to drop the buns off at their temporary home and then pick them up in the 21st.
Do you do 12 day stays?
I would love to have the buns stay with you if you are able to offer this as I know you are a bunny lover and see you post many a time on here. :D

Thanks again for the replies.
I appreciate your help.
:wave:

Hi there, we ask £5 a night for single rabbits, and £6 a night for bonded pairs we include drop off days and pick up days in the total. This includes everything, but we ask you briing their pelleted food to avoid tummy upsets.
We have had a few bunnies from one owner stay 5 months, so 12 days is nothing in comparison! :lol:

We also say to give us a lift of what fruit and veg your bun(s) like so their diet is kept as similar to as home.

There is more information here: http://www.starlightsrabbitrescue.co.uk/boardyourpetwithus.htm :wave:

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kris

Hi Kris,

Thank you for your response. I am so excited now as I will be able to enjoy my holiday in peace knowing they will be ok! :D

The only problem is that it isn't all booked yet. We are hoping to have the holiday booked in the next two weeks. I will message you again then if that's ok? Hopefully you wont be all booked up. It's 90% definite that I will have the holiday as the time is booked off work now.

I have a bonded pair of sisters so will hopefully look to leaving the both with you. The pellets and list of fresh food is not a problem and I can get all that done. They will both be full vaccinated too. :)

Thanks again. :D:D
Sarah

That is absolutely fine. I have only recently gone public about boarding, and have no November bookings at the moment :)

It will be nice to meet them, if they are the ones in your signature, they look so cute! :love:

Sarah, what vets do you use? I use one fairly local to me but know they are not particularly rabbit savvy. Would be great to have a recommended one.

Nikki

Thanks again Kris and they most certainly are the ones in my signature. :D
They will be happy to meet you as they don't want to be left alone for such a long time. Lilly will lick you to death no doubt! :oops:

Hi Nikki - I use Sandhole Vets in Snodland.
Website - http://www.sandholevets.com/
I go and see Kate who is absolutely fantastic. The other veterinarian are brilliant too but she is very rabbit savvy. :D

They also do some rabbit talks sometimes about various things which are really good, I learnt quite a bit about E Cuniculi last time. :) They give your buns some treats too!

Hi Demons_Soul - Thank you very much for letting me know. I will keep this in mind for the future. :D

Thank you all for your help - Lilly and Bella appreciate it so they are not left alone! :love:

Back