• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will someone tell my bun...

SkegMag

Warren Scout
...that he was only neutered yesterday and should be taking it easy!!
He's running around like a manbun, trying to jump on top his cage, and generally frightening the life out of me! :p
He's shredding his newspaper and I think he's eaten a small amount. Will this harm him? I've obviously modified his usual environment (for the op) and he's not liking it much. How soon can I return him to wood shavings and let him jump up?
I'm rushing out to buy him a piece of carpet/mat to see if he likes that. Otherwise he's just on the hard plastic floor! He's got vetbed which he's using as a toilet.
:shock:

My boy was up and about the evening of his op! Its a good sign though that he is recovering nicely and not feeling to grotty! xx

Aww Hope he gets better soon. My boy has carpet in his cages, got rid of sawdust after a few days becuase people here didnt reccomend it. Maybe you could do the same?

When i went to pick up my boi they told me he would probably be sluggish and have no appetite, and that I should be worried if he's not started eating in 24 hours. They had tried to syringe feed him but he'd spat it back at them (teehee).

no sooner had i got him out the door then i heard munchmunchmunchmunch coming form his box... As soon as he was home he was boinking around and that evening we found out he was old enough to climb out of his pen (engage the lid of doom)

Thanks, everyone. Got him a piece of carpet! Didn't know re sawdust bad for them! I'll try to get some Megasorb for his litter area, then, when he gets his cage back to normal. He's wondering where the hell his top tier's gone lol as I've taken it off so he doesn't jump up and down.
Glad he's ok, but wish he'd stop doing acrobatics till he's been for his check-up on Saturday!

Although Sawdust isn't recommended, i have to use it, only in the litter tray, as Biscuit just won't go in there otherwise and holds it in :(

Biccy wasn't great after his neuter, he barely moved for nearly 2 days, i had to syringe feed him food and water to get him going. I've been told that doesn't happen very often in males though, glad to hear your buns doing so well :)

Oh that's great news that he is doing so well and obviously feeling fairly well. Hopefully he'll settle down on his comfy new carpet:)

Louie was the same, completely trashed the nursing run I had set up for him in the conservatory. I gave up after 10 minutes and just left him freerange as normal!

Back