• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mylo thumped at me last night - what does this mean???

Hi Guys,

Right mylo (he is a house bunny) thumped at me last night, he ran into his cage and did it and then came back over to me started to lie down so i stroked him and then all of a sudden he got back up and did it again and had a really evil look in his eye, i backed off and left him to it, after a minute or so he calmed down and came runnin over to me and started lickin me.

Any ideas what was up with him? Hes done this once before just before he was neutered. Both times he has done it I have been on the phone, so was thinkin it could be the noise when u press the buttons on the phone but hes heard it sooooo many times!

I have turned the beeps off on my phone, as they seem to startle Biscuit, but tones of voice etc can upset them too.

E.g, frying onions as a discussion on here recently discovered!

I have turned the beeps off on my phone, as they seem to startle Biscuit, but tones of voice etc can upset them too.

E.g, frying onions as a discussion on here recently discovered!

it was odd cos ive phoned my mum and dad loads of times off that phone and hes been sat where he was last night, i put the phone down as soon as i noticed he was like this and he just stood there starin at me with a really evil look!

Then 2 mins later hes lickin me and cuddling me :?

Mine get scared by the wierdest sounds like the quiet jingling of my keys in my bag or a bird doing a high pitched tweet somewhere in the distance or someone jogging past my flat. Always stuff I can barely here. Fireworks theyre fine with :shock::roll:
Mimi is really scared of any cooking sounds aswell though, im sorry i missed the frying onions thread :lol:

Mine get scared by the wierdest sounds like the quiet jingling of my keys in my bag or a bird doing a high pitched tweet somewhere in the distance or someone jogging past my flat. Always stuff I can barely here. Fireworks theyre fine with :shock::roll:
Mimi is really scared of any cooking sounds aswell though, im sorry i missed the frying onions thread :lol:

I know he doesnt like birds, but hes never thumped when hes been outside and heard a bird, he just squashes down as low as he can to the floor :roll:

hes an odd one!

I know he doesnt like birds, but hes never thumped when hes been outside and heard a bird, he just squashes down as low as he can to the floor :roll:

hes an odd one!

:lol:
Its funny how they all have their individual little likes and dislikes :love:
The wierdest thing Timmy and Mimi do is they'll be hanging out eating some hay, exploring, havinf a snooze or whatever and then out of the blue they'll both just bomb it away in panic :shock: :shock: At apparantly nothing! I think one of them must jump at something and the otger one just follows suit, or sometimes they'll meet eachother round a corner and scare the bejesus out of eachother....and me!!

:lol:
Its funny how they all have their individual little likes and dislikes :love:
The wierdest thing Timmy and Mimi do is they'll be hanging out eating some hay, exploring, havinf a snooze or whatever and then out of the blue they'll both just bomb it away in panic :shock: :shock: At apparantly nothing! I think one of them must jump at something and the otger one just follows suit, or sometimes they'll meet eachother round a corner and scare the bejesus out of eachother....and me!!

I could understand it if he did it all the time but hes done it twice since we had him since january, the first time i was on the phone to my mum, and last night i was talkin to my dad and hes heard them talkin on the phone plenty of times!!!

Hmmm its abit of a mystery then!
Bit personal here but if it was that time of the month for you he might have picked up on it. I swear my boy Timmy looks at me funny during that time sometimes :?
Other than that i dont know. He could well have heard something that you didnt even hear, seen a shadow something like that?

Hmmm its abit of a mystery then!
Bit personal here but if it was that time of the month for you he might have picked up on it. I swear my boy Timmy looks at me funny during that time sometimes :?
Other than that i dont know. He could well have heard something that you didnt even hear, seen a shadow something like that?

Its a mystery! and no not time of the month either!

I think he must have heard somethin that spooked him!!! :?

Last edited:
Back