• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes please for my 2 bunny Girls spays tomorrow-THEY HOME! :-)

chelle

Warren Veteran
Hi all!

The day has arrived!:shock:
Indiana & Arrabella go in for their spay tomorrow.....Ive packed a lunch of dried herbs for them each (ummm the secretary told me i didnt need to do food as they have hay & nuggets buuuutt....I did anyway:oops:)
They got a fleece blanket to snuggle into each...

I asked about pain relief & was told that they would give them & that I was to bring them back in 2/3 days for a post op check & that I didnt need ot take any pain relief home with me.
As Ive never adminstered it before - i have no idea how to syringe so....not sure if I should insist or just take them back if I think they are in pain ...:?

Vibes would be great!

Im sooooo nervous....and they just munching hay...

Last edited:
Vibes for tomorrow. I havent been through the ops with any of my buns so no advice but I hope all goes well and they are soon home and recovering with you.

I hope everything goes well for them tomorrow. Sending tons and tons of vibes. xxxxxxxx

Thanks guys! I know its quite late already...but have only been able to come online now...SO VERY appreciative for the vibes!
Thank you!:D

Vibes :wave:
I'm sure they'll be fine, your right to pack their fav food as they might not be tempted with nuggets and hay after a spay.

I had no pain relief for Lady either but had to go back to vets every day for 3-4 days for a shot for her as she wouldn't eat so I'd say if the vet isn't close by insist on taking some home.

I was nervous for about a week after with Lady, checking her tum every half hour nearly :oops: to make sure she hadn't opened the wound but it was all fine in the end.

Good luck to you and your girls!!

Sending lots of vibes for the girls xx

I would insist on having pain relief to give at home, they will recover much better and it would be stressful to have to take them back to the vets for pain relief.

Today, 12:13 AM #6
Kirsty2oo9
Warren Scout
Good luck hope everything goes okay for them x
Vibes :wave:
I'm sure they'll be fine, your right to pack their fav food as they might not be tempted with nuggets and hay after a spay.

I had no pain relief for Lady either but had to go back to vets every day for 3-4 days for a shot for her as she wouldn't eat so I'd say if the vet isn't close by insist on taking some home.

I was nervous for about a week after with Lady, checking her tum every half hour nearly :oops: to make sure she hadn't opened the wound but it was all fine in the end.

Good luck to you and your girls!!

Thanks guys!

Yeah - they are a good 45 min. drive...so I may insist. Though have never had to syringe feed a bunny & am worried about chocking them...:oops::?

They staying in over night :-(

Hi!

Its been a stressful day to say the least...:(
Indiana's spay went ok - she is eating and pooping - so relieved on that side of things.....Arrabella didnt do so well....at first she was fine - but then her wound started weeping....they thought it would possibly stop - so wanted to keep her there until it did - but it didnt:cry:
They were not sure if it was a blood clot or a hernia....
She had to go under another GA....was for about 15 minutes - so minimal fortunatly - as they found what felt like some intestine - was a stringy bit of blood clot - so they only had to open her skin....and did no have to go back into her main stitches....she is now recovering & they are both staying in over night - hopefully in the morning she will have already been eating & pooping again.
Thansk for the vibes given.....and am hoping that I can fetch them both home tomorrow & they will not be in too much pain....
Very emotional day when we were not sure where we were at.....
Hoping for a better day tomorrow....:)

So sorry, I missed this earlier. :oops: Sending recovery vibes for your bunnies - hope you get them home tomorrow.

Sorry only just seen this, didn't realise your girls op was today.
Sorry to hear Arrabella had a few problems :( (((hugs))))
I'll keep everything crossed that they have a good night and can come back home tomorrow :)

Hopefully she'll see Indiana munching away and follow suit, if not syringe feeding isn't as bad as you think... it was my first time too!!

But I'm sure that won't happen and you'll have two happy healthy buns home soon :wave:

Vibes for Arabella!

Hey! Thanks for the vibes - they worked!:D
Have picked the buns up - both Indiana & Arrabella are eating & pooping...have yet to see them drink but they seem ok - just abit sensitive....i think they are very happy to be home.
Ive been given metacam to give daily & have to take them back monday & then again the following monday.
Im very pleased so far with the care given to my 2 girls....am now hoping they heal ok.
Have noticed Indiana has a runny tum...hopefully that will sort itself out after abit more hay.
Both are loving their dried herbs & twigs...and fresh rose petals....so happy about that!:D
Just wanna hug them like mad...but have consoled myself with peeping at them & letting them snuggle into my hand when i give them a stroke now & then.

Pheeeeewwwww......
Will have a look at their wounds later when they abit more settled.
Thanks for all your thoughts!:love:

Thank you!
Indiana is flopped out & Arrabella is grooming herself....hope she doesnt start on her wound....
:D

Hi all!

Just after some advice.....Ive put a blanket down and then puppy pads on top - the blanket just to make it soft for them to lay on. there is also a couple of snugglesafes.....Indiana seems ok - eating hay etc & flopping about...Arrabella is also eating but has pushed the blanket away & is laying on the puppy pads....Im worried she is feeling too hot.

They both feel warm to touch.
Im also worried that neither seems to have drunk much or anything form what I can tell. iv not seen them drink at all.

Should I remove the blanket & just leave the puppy pads on the plastic base?
Ive also given them parsley & grass thats wet.

Back