• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunnies on wet grass question

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
Poor Spenser didn't get out at all yesterday, and today not for very long. :( The grass was so soggy I was worried about him (a) eating it and (b) getting a chill. Is this another case of me exhibiting the symptoms of an over-anxious first-time bunny mummy? At least he got three new toys to play with back in the hutch.

If its wet and someone needs to get out I will put them out, but also give them somewhere to sit that is off the grass too. I never put them out in the rain though, just if the grass is wet.

Poor Spenser didn't get out at all yesterday, and today not for very long. :( The grass was so soggy I was worried about him (a) eating it and (b) getting a chill. Is this another case of me exhibiting the symptoms of an over-anxious first-time bunny mummy? At least he got three new toys to play with back in the hutch.

I used to never let Ben and Lolsie out in the rain. Turns out they love it and it does them no harm. So long as he can dry out properly and not sit damp in his hutch. My two also enjoyed the snow! Is there somewhere he can go to shelter if he doesnt like it?

My boys all enjoy sitting in their gardens when it rains.

If the run is on the grass could you put a tarpaulin over the top? An then have maybe a pet carrier inside for if he wants to sit somewhere dry?

When mine used to have to take turns in the big run on the lawn my mum built it with a covered in top at one end with a raised shelf under it so that if it started raining when we were out they could hop up there to sit.

I used to never let Ben and Lolsie out in the rain. Turns out they love it and it does them no harm. So long as he can dry out properly and not sit damp in his hutch. My two also enjoyed the snow! Is there somewhere he can go to shelter if he doesnt like it?

He doesn't like the rain, but our grass can take an awful long while to dry out. :( The problem with the hutch is that he often chooses to sit in the draughtiest part of it. :roll::roll: I have recently added a little carpet mat to this area, which he seems to like. He doesn't like getting wet paws, although this didn't stop him putting both of his front paws in his water bowl while eating his pellets last night. Silly boy. :roll::roll:

He doesn't like the rain, but our grass can take an awful long while to dry out. :( The problem with the hutch is that he often chooses to sit in the draughtiest part of it. :roll::roll: I have recently added a little carpet mat to this area, which he seems to like. He doesn't like getting wet paws, although this didn't stop him putting both of his front paws in his water bowl while eating his pellets last night. Silly boy. :roll::roll:

Hmm. You need Blackberry's mum then to rigg you up some sort of sheltery contraption thingie. Try asking her nicely..... she has power tools you know.

Hmm. You need Blackberry's mum then to rigg you up some sort of sheltery contraption thingie. Try asking her nicely..... she has power tools you know.

My mum used to go out and use an old towel to dry off the grass before the buns went out :lol::lol::lol:

My mum used to go out and use an old towel to dry off the grass before the buns went out :lol::lol::lol:

That's an idea! I can see my mother doing that if I don't beat her to it. :oops: Can just see Spenser sitting there thinking, what are those stupid two-legs doing now??? I suspect he might nibble holes in a tarpaulin - that's what wee Mr McFlurry did!

Back