• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutered Bun Circle & Buzz?

SkegMag

Warren Scout
Is it possible for a neutered male to still circle its owner, make buzzing/humming sounds and spray?

Merlin, my son's rabbit, which he acquired last Spring, is thought to be 18 months old and must have been neutered sometime before Spring 2010. (The vet said he looked as if he had been neutered and estimated his age.)

But Merlin still displays this behaviour. :?

And is it possible for the vet to be wrong about the neutering during a general checkup?
Cheers, guys :)

I'll try and rephrase my question:
Does YOUR neutered buck display CIRCLING, BUZZING/HUMMING, SPRAYING behaviour?
If so, was he neutered recently or a long time ago?

Circling/Buzzing behaviour, yes. Biscuit does this occasionally if he's really excited for some reason, but he's never sprayed, even pre-neuter (~4 months ago)

Is your vet 100% sure he's been neutered? Your first post didn't sound entirely convincing to me.

:)

Thanks, Graham. The rabbit had a routine check at the vet when my son first 'rescued' it. The vet stated it was a neutered male.
BUT the rabbit displays the behaviour as previoulsy described.
As I know very little about rabbits, I wanted to know if neutered males still circle/buzz etc.
If they do, then that's fine - we want to try to bond his and my males in due course.

Thanks, Graham. The rabbit had a routine check at the vet when my son first 'rescued' it. The vet stated it was a neutered male.
BUT the rabbit displays the behaviour as previoulsy described.
As I know very little about rabbits, I wanted to know if neutered males still circle/buzz etc.
If they do, then that's fine - we want to try to bond his and my males in due course.

Can you check to see if he has any testicles at all, just to be sure?

What was your vets way of telling bun had been neutered?

I'll get my son to check tonight after work. (We need to look at some pictures off the internet, I think!)
I don't know re the vet's way of telling. It wasn't much of an issue back then, but it is now we're hoping to bond.
Thanks, Graham.

In my experience neutered males do still display circling and buzzing noises but none of mine ever sprayed me. Both my boys do this all the time and they were neutered a long time ago :)

Alvin does humping, circling and buzzing he has never sprayed me. he was 4 months exactly when he was done and now at 3 years the buzzing is still going strong :love:

Back