• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm annoyed with Petplan

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
For not coughing up. I've just had a bill for £140 and yet it's still not covered by the excess. :evil: I'm just going to put money aside in a bunny fund now instead.

I had no luck with PP either. They offered me a policy with so many exclusions for Basil, he would have had hardly any cover:( I told them NO thanks.

I had no luck with PP either. They offered me a policy with so many exclusions for Basil, he would have had hardly any cover:( I told them NO thanks.

Do you put mney aside or do you go with someone else? I wish I'd looked at the policy years ago - I could have really used the extra money!

i knwo it depends on area, i think £65 as an excess has been mentioned before.

I'll be reading up on it this week, as i'll be taking out a policy for my 2 after friday.

Pet Plan

My excess on PP is £80 and I've spent over a hundred in the past month for Emily's eye, ear treatment and she needed baytril for 2 weeks. PP said each treatment is classed as a separate claim so basically I can not claim. I pay £13 per month for Emily now she is 6 1/2. What do you do? pay or save. My emergency for Bobby would have been around £1000 had he made it but he was not covered with PP but would they have paid out anyway:evil:

Was the £140 all for the same illness/injury? What was it for (is it anything excluded from the policies?)

My current excess is £55, however previously it has been £65. Not sure why the difference, I thought it was still £65 until I checked the paperwork.

Was the £140 all for the same illness/injury? What was it for (is it anything excluded from the policies?)

No, that's the trouble. It was his dental, then his emergency vet visit, then his antibiotics and eyedrops. Also, I'm going to have to ask Katie to bring probiotics and metacam for him, which won't be covered either will it because it's my request, not their prescription...?

I'm just cross to have been paying £25 a month for 7 years without getting anything back. It adds up to £2200!! :shock:

I paid £145 for Spenser's emergency visit and stasis treatment last week and have a form away to PP this week. The vet was confident I would get a refund, excluding the excess of course (£50 IN THIS CASE). Fingers crossed.

Do you put mney aside or do you go with someone else? I wish I'd looked at the policy years ago - I could have really used the extra money!

I went with Pinnacle (Help u cover) they were really good and offered me a fair policy for Basil (he had EC). I have been with them for years with my dog and they have always been very fair with us. Just thought I'd try PP because so many people on here, seem to be with them, but I was very disappointed. Hope you manage to sort something out:)
PS the excess for Basil is £45

Insurance companies are a business and they are going to want far more in than what they want to pay out.

Sometimes I think it is better to put money aside for vet fees, I have paid thousands to Pet Plan for dog insurance, their excess and monthly fees goes up every year.

No, that's the trouble. It was his dental, then his emergency vet visit, then his antibiotics and eyedrops. Also, I'm going to have to ask Katie to bring probiotics and metacam for him, which won't be covered either will it because it's my request, not their prescription...?

I'm just cross to have been paying £25 a month for 7 years without getting anything back. It adds up to £2200!! :shock:

Oh I see, bad luck that it was several different conditions and not over the excess on any of them :shock:

I was just about to post about how pleased I was with them. Little windy Lola only cost me £50 excess and they paid the other £88 with no probs. (out of hours vet)

I've never had insurance for any of my pets, and in the last 20 years it wouldnt have been worth my while. I really think that putting money aside is a far better option, expecially the price the premiums are now and all the exclusions.

Back