• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding this weekend - Qu about bigger buns

Candiflare

Mama Doe
I AM TAKING MY *FIVE* TO BE BONDED THIS WEEKEND AT FAT FLUFFS!

I'm so excited!

One slight reservation I have is that it looks like Ralph, Ruby and Buzz (bonded three) have already accepted Rosie (the same size as them single girl) but they HATE Penelope (about three times their size - French lop X.)

Is it normal for buns to have a problem with other buns who are much, much bigger than them? Do you think I might have a problem bonding them?

Our Nethie is bonded to a large female - she's about 4 times his size.

We have had no problem. I don't think size makes a difference to be honest. Personality is the main factor.

Fingers crossed for them :D

Good luck :)

I have Dusk who is 1.3kg bonded with Candyfloss who is 3kg.

However, in the summer I tried to bond 7. 6 nethies, 1 dwarf lop. The dwarf lop didn't want to know them, and the nethies didn't want to know him.

The dwarf is now being bonded with a lionlop and its going a dream.

I think the ears have something do with it to be honest (seriously) because ears are a huge part of a bunnies body language.

eeeek good luck, not sure about different size bunnies but I have seen quite a lot of large buns bonded with small buns so you might be ok - fingers crossed!!

Good luck :)

I have Dusk who is 1.3kg bonded with Candyfloss who is 3kg.

However, in the summer I tried to bond 7. 6 nethies, 1 dwarf lop. The dwarf lop didn't want to know them, and the nethies didn't want to know him.

The dwarf is now being bonded with a lionlop and its going a dream.

I think the ears have something do with it to be honest (seriously) because ears are a huge part of a bunnies body language.

That's really interesting that you think it's the ears, not the size... I bet that definitely has something to do with it. Rosie's ears are lopped but they're very expressive, whereas Penelope just has massive French Lop curtains...

Back