PDA

View Full Version : Extending bunny space - help with dogs

pigsforlife
29-09-2010, 02:53 PM
:wave:

So my two currently have a 6ftx2ft pen, and then the rest of my room to play in (6ft x 8ft) - this gives them overall 6ft x 10ft. They really have plenty of space considering they are only small buns. However I am always envious of buns that get free range time - or more room to explore. So I would love to somehow extend the space the buns have (even if it is only when we are home).

Now the only problem I have is that we also have 2 indoor dogs. I can't lock them outside and let the buns have a run, because they go mental which not only upsets the buns but also the neighbours. So I am not sure how exactly to go about it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

GrahamL
29-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Is your room upstairs i take it?

So could you keep the dogs downstairs somehow (pen panels?) and then allow the buns free-range time upstairs?

pigsforlife
29-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Is your room upstairs i take it?

So could you keep the dogs downstairs somehow (pen panels?) and then allow the buns free-range time upstairs?

Nope just the one level. The tricky bit is most of the house is open plan, so it is hard to restrict the dogs to one area - and when you do restrict them, they want to get to the area they are not meant to get to! I was thinking, maybe I could block off the hallway. That would give them the hallway and maybe the bathroom which is a bit of extra space. Only thing is how to secure the pen panels without damaging the walls (live in a rental)?

It might be something where I just have to wait until we move - good news is we have started looking in the papers at houses! Not ready to buy yet, but getting closer :D