• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Extending bunny space - help with dogs

pigsforlife

Mama Doe
:wave:

So my two currently have a 6ftx2ft pen, and then the rest of my room to play in (6ft x 8ft) - this gives them overall 6ft x 10ft. They really have plenty of space considering they are only small buns. However I am always envious of buns that get free range time - or more room to explore. So I would love to somehow extend the space the buns have (even if it is only when we are home).

Now the only problem I have is that we also have 2 indoor dogs. I can't lock them outside and let the buns have a run, because they go mental which not only upsets the buns but also the neighbours. So I am not sure how exactly to go about it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Is your room upstairs i take it?

So could you keep the dogs downstairs somehow (pen panels?) and then allow the buns free-range time upstairs?

Is your room upstairs i take it?

So could you keep the dogs downstairs somehow (pen panels?) and then allow the buns free-range time upstairs?

Nope just the one level. The tricky bit is most of the house is open plan, so it is hard to restrict the dogs to one area - and when you do restrict them, they want to get to the area they are not meant to get to! I was thinking, maybe I could block off the hallway. That would give them the hallway and maybe the bathroom which is a bit of extra space. Only thing is how to secure the pen panels without damaging the walls (live in a rental)?

It might be something where I just have to wait until we move - good news is we have started looking in the papers at houses! Not ready to buy yet, but getting closer :D

Back