• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed was he?

I'm sorry I don't have any photos for you guys to refer to. But I'm curious as to what breed my childhood rabbit was. Let me describe him:
Mostly dark brown, with lighter brown speckling and underside. Very dark (almost black) ears. His nose was white, with a white stripe coming up from it to about the middle of his forehead. I can't remember how big exactly he was, but I do know that when he stood on his hind legs beside me his chin was just above my knee (I was 10 at that time, so I'd say I was about 5'1-5'2).
I'll see if I can scrounge up any photos and post them here. But I hope this description helps.

He didn't have that distinctive 'saddle'. And the white on his face started on his nose, with a very narrow line continuing up his face

He didn't have that distinctive 'saddle'. And the white on his face started on his nose, with a very narrow line continuing up his face

Sounds like a vienna marked cross breed, or possibly a dutch cross. Vienna marks often have the dutch 'blaze'

possibly a vienna marked sable? (colour) Vienna mark is what you call a white mark on the head, what as a horsey person I would call a star, snip, stripe of blaze! did he have uppy ears? a dwarf lop stands up to about my knee now, so I would have thought up to your knee when you was 10 would be quite a small rabbit, possibly a nethie or cross nethie or small dutch.

This pic is off a sable martin netherland dwarf
MSABLE20ASS06.jpg

Last edited:
Back