• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Karen and her Bertie

capel

Warren Veteran
I've just heard from Karen who asked me to post this for her. As you know she lost her gorgeous bun Fizz, and now Fizz's companion |Bertie is in hospital very poorly with the same symptoms as Fizz. I don't have any other details at the moment, but I know you'll all send huge healing vibes for her big boy Bertie, and comforting ones to Karen, and Andy who's also got a huge emotional bond with their bunsters.

Thank you Hilda. I didn't think I'd have chance to pop on but I have for 2 minutes.
I just can't believe what's happening :cry: Bertie was acting a little odd last night but I thought he was missing Fizz.
This morning he wouldn't eat and when I felt his tummy my heart missed a beat :( if felt like Fizzy's but not quite as bad.
I took him straight up to Martin and he kept him in. Martin is very cross with himself that he didn't do a mosmortom( spelling) on Fizz, he had that many emergency's in yesterday he just couldn't mange to do one.

He is thinking they have eaten something poisonous to them.
Something like chewing on mouldy wood or damp hay ? We just don't know.

He did sound more hopeful with Bertie so I'm praying to god he can save him.

OH god, what a terrible time you are having:(

Lots of vibes for little Bertie and hugs for you!

Oh no :cry:

Could it be coccidiosis ?

This can present without diarrhoea in adult Rabbits. They tend to become anorexic and bloated and the onset is often rapid.

Sending lots of vibes for Bertie xx

Oh no! :( HUMONGOUS vibes coming your way.

I have been in a similar position - you just feel helpless.

Fingers and paws crossed here. xxx

Back