• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

UPDATE on how can i keep hay off the floor.. i made my own!! (pics)

beccimarie

Mama Doe
iv been put hay unpstairs in thier hutch which is fine but i also put it downstairs in the run in the nice whether it was fine to put it on the floor but iv ended up today putting newpaper down and hay on top, but when they go out for there morning free run in the garden, there muddy paws go all over the hay :lol: i used to use a hay rack but iv heard storys of legs being trapped in them and it just scared me but a basket they would just tip over, i need something heavy duty :lol:

UPDATE ON NO 10

Last edited:
Spenser will only eat his hay off the floor of the hutch, so I have given up with hay racks.:roll::roll: I've also tried stuffing an empty paper tissue box with hay, but he just gets this in the run if someone is watching him as he is inclined to eat the box rather than the hay. He is a rascal! :lol:

Mine have their hay in their litter tray. I can't have it on the floor as mine are house rabbits and if they see hay they pee. :roll:

The large underbed ones are good cos you can keep topping it up with fresh hay twice a day but them not get full for a while. Mine get changed every 2-3 days.

i made my own :D we had a old house they never go in any more so.. we turned it upside down and my O/H is a arbourist so.. he cut a hole in one of the sides :D

here it is...

HPIM2775.jpg

HPIM2774.jpg

HPIM2772.jpg

HPIM2770.jpg

HPIM2768.jpg

HPIM2767.jpg

My bunnies live in my spare room and both have their own cages with hay racks. But for when they are out of their cages, I just filled an old carry cage (with the door removed) with hay and have it sitting on the floor.. lol

When my little boy gets really excited he sometimes kicks all the hay out.. But he knows "no" now so whenever I see him about to do it he gets a firm talking to! lol

SAM_0514-1.jpg

Back