• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

preloved---why did i look!!!

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
OMG i somehow got looking on there and the amount of rabbits free is unbelievable!! why do these people breed them only to give them away!! why don't they think first!!! :censored: i saw a picture of some baby dutchies in a hutch that looked really small and very dirty!! it has really upset me and made me want to rescue one:( i wish i could resceu them all!

It's such a shame really. After my experience with rehoming some free rabbits on Pre-loved pets, I will NEVER do it again. The worst thing is, rehoming them will only encourage the breeder to breed more unhealthy baby buns :(

i know what your saying!! i would never rehome one that was purposely bred! it just made me so sad seeing them in awful conditions! just needed to vent!

I hadnt heard of peloved untill i saw your thread. I googled it and i am truley shocked and horrified by the number of rabbits for sale. Poor poor creatures.:cry:

Yep, I personally will never make that mistake again of being tempted. *Slaps wrist*. Shocking, might as well be called Missery Loved Pets! :(

Just had a quick look - there's an advert on there for a Dwarf Lop Buck available for stud "who gave us 7 kits from his first litter!" Hmmm! I was under the impression that the female determined how many eggs were produced! You live and learn!

there were a few that said possible pregnant:censored: its just shouldn't be allowed!!
I would only ever get a rescue bunny and more so after seeing that....i shouldn't have looked and i'm sorry if i have made others look:oops: mind you i think it is good to be reminded that rabbit welfare is a BIG issue and we need to do all we can to help!

The :censored: people that we just rescued 5 buns from told us they had over 50 at Easter time. :censored::censored::censored:

Anyway, the five (there were 7 left and he insisted on keeping 2 girls) we took were all female, and all possibly (probably) all pregnant :roll:, except for the one that was kept exclusively in a cage due to her broken leg! :censored::censored::censored:!!!
People like these are a festering disease and I won't say what I believe needs to be done with them!

Last edited:
I have to say I normally avoid preloved because I can't cope with all the bunnies that are advertised :cry: It breaks my heart that we can't help them all :cry::cry::cry:

I did 'rescue' one on Saturday from an ad that bluebunny posted about - she's a 14 week old conti, that was born with no eyes. She was going to be pts if she didn't find a special home :cry::cry::cry:

When I found out about it, I couldn't not do anything as I could not let her be pts :cry: She's now with us in her forever home & is a very special little lady :love:

This is Evie & her thread:love:

DSCF5264.jpg

DSCF5263.jpg

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=247106

I have to say I normally avoid preloved because I can't cope with all the bunnies that are advertised :cry: It breaks my heart that we can't help them all :cry::cry::cry:

I did 'rescue' one on Saturday from an ad that bluebunny posted about - she's a 14 week old conti, that was born with no eyes. She was going to be pts if she didn't find a special home :cry::cry::cry:

When I found out about it, I couldn't not do anything as I could not let her be pts :cry: She's now with us in her forever home & is a very special little lady :love:

This is Evie & her thread:love:

DSCF5264.jpg

DSCF5263.jpg

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=247106

She is beautiful and so glad you got her. There are some bunnies that genuinely need help on these freeadds, she was one of them.

Im my area there are a dozen free rabbits that ''NEED TO GO TODAY - I HAVE TOO MANY RABBITS'', and an 6 month old lop buck who comes with his 3ft hutch :shock: I find it so hard to not contact the sellers and take them :cry:

I look regularly and want them all but can't. I've even seen some on Freecycle

Any rabbit in need deserves a home.
I'm sorry but it really aggrivates me when people say they wouldn't rehome purposely bred animals.
Please tell me why a sick bunny that needs urgent medical treatment (back yard breeder) doesn't deserve a home when a rabbit that is safe and well in a rescue is more?
Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the 'supporting a breeder' arguement and the 'freeing up in rescues enables them to save more rabbits', but I just think it's a bit corrupt.
If I saw a bunny on preloved that needed a home, I would not hesistate to rehome it.

Any rabbit in need deserves a home.
I'm sorry but it really aggrivates me when people say they wouldn't rehome purposely bred animals.
Please tell me why a sick bunny that needs urgent medical treatment (back yard breeder) doesn't deserve a home when a rabbit that is safe and well in a rescue is more?
Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the 'supporting a breeder' arguement and the 'freeing up in rescues enables them to save more rabbits', but I just think it's a bit corrupt.
If I saw a bunny on preloved that needed a home, I would not hesistate to rehome it.

I do agree that any bunny who needs a home is equally deserving..... and i also am of the opinion, that at least the bunnies in need who are in rescues are now in a place where a good home is guarenteed to them so i have in the past 'rescued' locally taking in rabbits that could have ended up anywhere had i not taken them. The problem i have with preloved is that there are so many and i try not to look as i cant possibly take them all.... I did contact someone over the weekend though with a very poorly conti giant, but she replied thaat he had died :cry:

There are a few breeders near me who churn out hundreds of rabbits every year.

A couple of these breeders sell really poor quality tiny hutches with rabbits...buy a hutch for £35, get a free rabbit kind of deal :(

One of the breeders is even selling French lops with 4ftx16inch hutches :(

Back