• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sukie's Spay Tomorrow

SkegMag

Warren Scout
... and I'm making a list of what I should arm myself with from the vet?

I've already got down:
Pain killers
syringe feed

Anyone any more suggestions?
I read that probiotics in the water might help. Are these from the vet, also?

I'm dreading bringing her home in case I can't look after her properly - I can't see for one minute that she's going to let me shove a syringe anywhere near her mouth! I tried her with a little apple juice in one and she jumped a mile when I gently squirted it.

... and I'm making a list of what I should arm myself with from the vet?

I've already got down:
Pain killers
syringe feed

Anyone any more suggestions?
I read that probiotics in the water might help. Are these from the vet, also?

I'm dreading bringing her home in case I can't look after her properly - I can't see for one minute that she's going to let me shove a syringe anywhere near her mouth! I tried her with a little apple juice in one and she jumped a mile when I gently squirted it.

The aftercare sheet the vet gives you after surgery usually tells you everything you need to know, i found puppy pads a godsend for my two saved them hopping and climbing in litter trays.
i was told the keep both buns warm and quiet, not to let them over excert themselves, no laying on hay or anything rough, and not to keep mithering them just check they are both ok, and if they arent eating in a few hours ring the vets and get them back.
Both mine had a 36 hr painkiller so i didnt come home with any pain relief, both buns were spayed on the weds and went back to be checked on the fri. xxx

Thanks, Grace65, I'm racking my brains to make sure I've got everything ready for her.

Dont worry the vet gives you a sheet of does and donts when you fetch her home, just remember to keep her warm and quiet and take her back if you arent happy with her drinking/eating.

Good luck for tommorrow it will be fine!
i too was a nervous wreck when charlie and gracie went in to be neutered in june, apart from gracie not eating (i had to take her back) she was fine by friday, she was allowed out on sat in the run only, no bounding or dashing about just enough to get some fresh air and exercise. xxxx

Back