• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jensons (and mine) first trip to the vet and a couple of questions

Jenson

Mama Doe
Took Jenson for his first jab today. I've been so nervous all day and then got stuck in traffic coming home to pick him up, needless to say he did not want to be picked up and put in the carrier. So now I have my first few scratches, including a couple he gave me while holding him at the vets!

First jab down, second one booked and I've some paste stuff that I'm to treat him with (Panacur - I think because he's new) so I'm thinking I need to order some of those crunchie things to make that a little easier! Does anyone know, is it to treat EC?

He did seem quite happy hopping around when we got home but hasn't eaten anything yet :( Does this seem normal? I think he's just stressed?

How long has it been since he got home? It could be down to stress and also the vaccination may make him a little off colour but I would certainly be concerned if he is not eating first thing in the morning.

If he has been given panacur this is for EC, how long a course did the vet prescribe? Hopefully 28 days

hopefully Jenson will be tucking into his food very shortly :)

Thank you.
We got home a little after 7pm, he had a run round the kitchen and seemed quite happy but didn't eat as soon as I put it out, usually he has some hay and then straight into his food (I feed him twice a day instead of once and make sure there is constantly hay out for him).

He has eaten a little now so maybe he's just a little subdued. Sorry, I worry alot, he's my first rabbit and I'm very attached to him already so I stress about everything!

Yes, I have 28 days worth of Panacur so he doesn't reinfect himself. Do I need to throw out the toys I've already got him?

Sorry, can't answer the question, but I can sypathise with your worries as a first-time bunny owner! :wave:

Back