• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weld mesh...where to buy???

mimi g

Warren Scout
I was just wondering where people buy their galvanised weld mesh for runs etc? Is there anywhere to order online.....or if anybody who is near leeds can point me in the right direction?? :)

Also I need to divide my shed in half for 2buns who are not yet bonded until the female is old enough to be spayed. What would you use for this as it does not need to be fox proof being inside the shed but does need to be bunny proof. I would like them to be able to see each other to help start bonding but not be able to nip through the mesh x

Search on eBay, that is the cheapest I've found. Also www.4wire.co.uk if you don't like eBay, but I've never used 4wire.

Search for 19g 1inch x 1/2inch galvanised wire mesh. You can get a 30m roll for about £60 delivered. You can also get 10m rolls but they work out more expensive. I go for the 3ft / 90cm high rolls, check the description because some of them might be 4ft / 120cm.

I would use the same stuff inside but if you want to stop them nipping each other you may have to use two layers seperated by a bit of wood in the middle to keep the two layers apart.

I bought some from B&Q - its probably really overpriced to be honest but I wanted to go to a shop and buy it rather than order it online. I got it from the B&Q Extra on the same road as the White Rose Centre (sorry I'm rubbish at directions - the only way I can describe anywhere is by reference to the nearest shop!), but I'm sure most B&Q stock it.

I bought a couple of small panels for one job and a big roll of it for a different job.

I bought the heavy duty galvanised mesh and I am completely satisfied with the strength of it for outdoors against predators (having tried to cut it down to size).

However they do all sorts of different mesh, including chicken wire etc. which won't be suitable for outdoor run use, but maybe suitable for separating buns (however I've no idea on what strength you need to keep two bunnys separated).

Love my boyfriend.
He has been to Stax (some kind of DIY cash&carry for the trade) in Manchester this evening with his dad who has a card and bought 2 6metres lengths of mesh for £25. Its that price for 1roll of the same in Wickes :love:

local handyman centre

Our local Handyman centre sells it in various weights, in big sheets that you can wire together or cut down as needed.

Beware the finest one - it is very sharp if mouths/toes press or pull awkwardly, and I don't trust it against a fox's or dog's teeth, myself, although I know many people do use it. Anyone had any bad experiences?

Back