PDA

View Full Version : Is Pip overweight?

Livi
28-09-2010, 06:49 PM
I will upload some pics later (if I can get any decent ones)....I am a bit worried Pip is overweight!

She seems to be growing outwards :shock: they have a handful of pellets a day and a cupful of a variety of greens & veg, with a slice of carrot or a few apple dices occasionally....

Rusty looks fine, but Pip is a bit porkie :oops: To the eye, is there anyway of being able to tell or anything which could indicate she is overweight?

Heather&Bart-MyLittleBuns
28-09-2010, 08:15 PM
How much does she weigh, how old is she and what breed?

Even so its hard to judge what a rabbits weight on just breed and weight, might help though :)

dizzyg
29-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Maybe it's just her winter coat fluffing her out a bit? :wave:

jewaller
04-10-2010, 10:16 AM
I will upload some pics later (if I can get any decent ones)....I am a bit worried Pip is overweight!

She seems to be growing outwards :shock: they have a handful of pellets a day and a cupful of a variety of greens & veg, with a slice of carrot or a few apple dices occasionally....

Rusty looks fine, but Pip is a bit porkie :oops: To the eye, is there anyway of being able to tell or anything which could indicate she is overweight?

true,-obesity-is an invitation to health problems,.but what is too big/fat--it could be bad if the rabbit cannot reach around for cecotropes and cleaning-or-,,sore bloody hocks,etc,..i have two female havana rabbits with big dewlaps and tip the scale about 9 pounds,,-weight scales are a necessary tool for diagnosing health/illness/weight loss,etc.,,this given one could increase the grasses and water,,this works as a diet plan also,,but get the body weight first-,-sincerely james waller