• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found Ruby's P@H adoption form last night

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
While I was sorting out, and saw that it says that 'within 6 months of giving your new pet a home you must neuter them if it hasn't already been done'

Now I think this is great, but

a) they never actually told me this when I adopted her, so if I had just thrown the form away without reading it as I'm sure many people do I'd be none the wiser :?

b) they've never rung me or anything to actually check how she's doing even though she was 'temperamental' and they thought she would kill us :roll:, let alone to check if she's been neutered :?

So... what's the point?

Not really related to anything but when my friend Ben got two degu's from P@H, they rang him pretty much every day for a fortnight to check they were ok. :) I thought that was pretty good but he was well pee'd off with them by the third phonecall! :lol:

While I was sorting out, and saw that it says that 'within 6 months of giving your new pet a home you must neuter them if it hasn't already been done'

Now I think this is great, but

a) they never actually told me this when I adopted her, so if I had just thrown the form away without reading it as I'm sure many people do I'd be none the wiser :?

b) they've never rung me or anything to actually check how she's doing even though she was 'temperamental' and they thought she would kill us :roll:, let alone to check if she's been neutered :?

So... what's the point?

No point except they think it looks better than "Thank you for taking our unwanted stock off our hands".

No point except they think it looks better than "Thank you for taking our unwanted stock off our hands".

She wasn't unwanted stock she was handed in by someone who 'couldn't cope' with her 'temperamental nature'. I know what you mean though :wave:

Lol that's shocking :) Doesn't surprise me- pets at home staff have told me all sorts in the past.

Definately don't use them as a source of wisdom or believe what they say. They were selling rabbits with snuffles at one point. I wrote them a letter of complaint, but didn't get anything back from them.

xx

Lol that's shocking :) Doesn't surprise me- pets at home staff have told me all sorts in the past.

Definately don't use them as a source of wisdom or believe what they say. They were selling rabbits with snuffles at one point. I wrote them a letter of complaint, but didn't get anything back from them.

xx

I emailed them a complaint about the state Zero was in when I got him, he was covered in wee and absolutely terrified, and the enclosure was dirty and smelled. They did email back and promised to sort it but I never went back in, it wasn't my local one. The local one always seems alright, they seem reasonably knowledgable, but for some reason it's the fish they are strictest on. They are obsessed, I heard one guy say about marine fish needing the more space the better as in the wild they have the whole ocean, I was thinking 'why can't you say that about bunnies, in the wild they have loads of space as well'

I think it does differ from store to store what they are like

xx

They just put it to cover themselves. No more. If they wanted to make sure you neutered them they'd have a better system than a half hearted call. I didn't answer their call and the next time I went in the weasle who sells conti crosses as mixed breed (erm no she was 3 times the size of a lop the same age!) Wimpered at me 'are the rabbits ok?' I made a point of telling him about their vaccinations and plans to spay. He couldn't have looked less interested! They also put that adoptions must live alone, I have argued this point till i'm blue in the face, but I guess again they're covering themselves. Giving the wrong advice, but at least they wouldn't be liable if an unsuspecting owner bundled two strange rabbits together and made a mess of it!

They just put it to cover themselves. No more. If they wanted to make sure you neutered them they'd have a better system than a half hearted call. I didn't answer their call and the next time I went in the weasle who sells conti crosses as mixed breed (erm no she was 3 times the size of a lop the same age!) Wimpered at me 'are the rabbits ok?' I made a point of telling him about their vaccinations and plans to spay. He couldn't have looked less interested! They also put that adoptions must live alone, I have argued this point till i'm blue in the face, but I guess again they're covering themselves. Giving the wrong advice, but at least they wouldn't be liable if an unsuspecting owner bundled two strange rabbits together and made a mess of it!

It is probably in their best interests to sell them alone, I bet they often end up with 1 back or with an accidental litter that they have to rehome , and obviously they would have to go in the adoption bit.

Back