• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is this normal bonding? update p14

demelza

Warren Scout
after dave's and charlotte's meeting yesterday. I decided to give bonding a go, so they are both in a small pen in my downstairs toilet. I go them a new litter box which is the only thing in with them at the mo.
Well all they are doing is sitting in the litter tray together eating hay.is that normal??

Last edited:
Oh sounds peaceful! When I bonded my two, Ogs would not leave Delly alone :lol:

There might be more interest when they start to move :)

he humped her head for about a minute and thats it. he is totally relaxed flat out and she has been licking him. I am so shocked that they are not fighting or at least doing something lol

one hour together

040-6.jpg

I worried like mad when mine didnt do a thing!!!!
It sounds like a match made in Heaven for these 2!!!!:love::love::love:

:love: believe it or not my trio was very good at bonding! no fighting or fur pulling...:D love it when they just ..well ...bond :lol:

i just can't believe it to be honest, i've been so worried about them goin in together. i've even just fed them there pellets and they just stood side by side and eat them. the only thing i've seen is dave has humped her a few times for a few second each time.

I don't think that means they are bonded, but I do agree its a good sign.

Eating is a bonding activity and they are bonding with each other, however they won't have looked at who is dominant, who is going to groom whom, etc.

So I think whilst a very positive step, don't presume all will be well just because they were eating together.

I'd keep them together for sure...if you're putting them in a different enclosure/house I would restrict their space for a day see how they go and if all is good increase their space. If they're staying where they are gradually increase their space.
If they are being moved into a different place you may see a little chasing etc initially.
(sorry not sure if they are in their enclosure already or neutral area,.... then being moved to their enclosure/home).

Glad it's all going good...definatley a positive sign

thanks for replying they are in my downstairs toilet but they will be going outside in what was her hutch. charlottle hutch has be totally cleaned and i have got them all new toys, bowls, litter tray etc.

Back