• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola is not herself - U/D she is fine today!

Autumn

Warren Scout
Lola is not herself today..... she hasn't come out of her bedroom when i opened the hutch for them to freerange. She looks fine, tummy is soft and she has eaten some hay this morning. I gave her brocolli last night and she's not had it before - she only had a tiny piece - could this have caused something? I wonder whether the fox was back last night and might have spooked her :shock:
Just went to check her and she reacted in her usual stroppy way so vet visit seems a bit premature?

Last edited:
I hope she's OK. Hiding in the bedroom does suggest she might be feeling insecure for some reason. Do her toilet functions seem OK?

I hope she's OK. Hiding in the bedroom does suggest she might be feeling insecure for some reason. Do her toilet functions seem OK?

Hard to say as she lives in a trio. I don't want to seperate her from the others and stress her more as Peppa keeps nipping back into the hutch to see her and keep her company. Should i seperate her anyway?

I'm not really qualified to advise, but hope someone more experienced comes along soon. :wave: I just have a single bunny. You could try offering a small piece of a favourite food to see if she eats it.

Last edited:
If it was me i'd just keep an eye on her and make sure she's eating. I wouldn't seperate her. Maybe she's just having an off day? Just keep an eye on her and if she seems to get any worse or looks like she's in pain i'd take her to the vet.

i hope shes ok. :) xx

I hope so...... she is generally a pretty grumpy girl :roll:
She just came out of her bedroom and is not hiding under the hutch :roll:
I think maybe something has just spooked her :shock:

Storm behaved like that at the weekend. I left him over night but he was still looking miserable next morning so we went to the vet (like you, I didn't want to stress him out with an unnecessary trip earlier). The vet found nothing wrong with him & thought he may have eaten something to make his mouth temporarily sore. The advice given was that I should ensure he was warm (because the weather keeps fluctuating) and make sure his guts keep working by ensuring he has lots of tempting treats to nibble on. You could try the same if you don't want to take Lola to the vet, however, it is reassuring to know the vet has checked that nothing is physically wrong.

Vibes for Lola ))))))

Well i was checking on her every 20 minutes last night and no change either way. Saw her nibble a bit of hay and as i couldn't remember when i last saw her drink i syringed her some water to make sure she wasn't getting dehydrated. Also gave her tummy a bit of a rub just incase. Finally went to bed and got up this morning to be greeted by a very bouncy bunny who is currently binkying around the lawn!!!

Now i can't stop wondering what was wrong with her! :roll: Grumpy moo:?

Glad to hear she's better today :)

Biscuit's having an off day now, as its piddling it down with rain, but he has them when it rains mainly. He's just about to be let out for free-range with my OH, so i'm sure he'll do the normal, run out the pen, do a bunny 500, then go and sit at the back door, looking at the rain for about 30 minutes, then go and snooze for the rest of the day in the pen :lol:

Back