• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

heartbroken and dont know what to do :(

we sadly had to let ellie go today after a long fight with a jaw abscess, we tried everything but today was the day to say goodbye :cry::cry::cry:
im still crying now and cant see how im going to tell the children, but the worst thing is i dont know what to do about Harry who is all on his own now and im worried about him :cry::cry:

They didnt have an amazingly close bond but im worried he is going to get so lonely and cold without her. We cant have another rabbit for several reasons which i dont want to go into on here. I dont know whether to try and have him bonded with Lizzie and Tango, but they are so much smaller than him and they have special flooring in their area due to lizzie being a rex

im torn between feeling such sadness over ellie and then over Harry who is sat looking in at us :(

Sleep tight little Ellie

*big hugs for you*

Don't feel rushed into making a decision. It might be worth trying to bond a trio though but I would give yourself a bit of time first as bonding can be stressful! :wave:

I'm so sorry - its a day that comes to us all eventually. You all need time to come to terms with it; don't rush into anyhting yet and something will reveal itself as the right way forward.
hugs and vibes for you all:love:

I'm really sorry about Ellie. :(

How does Harry seem on his own? Maybe a furry toy bunny or teddy would help him and give him something to snuggle up to and groom?

We were kind of in the same position last week after losing Benji - his brother Paddy is now on his own although he is a houserabbit and I'm at home all day so he has lots of company. Thankfully Paddy is absolutely fine. I'm not getting another bun at the moment either - again for reasons I haven't gone into (haven't been brave enough to say this on RU yet! ;)) so I do sympathise.

Try not to tie yourself up in knots over it - maybe some more human company or a furry toy in the short term, and possibly bonding him with your other buns in the longer term might be a solution?

Good luck x

thank you for your support, my hubby has been great but others not so supportive :(

the children are going to pick out a toy for harry to snuggle when they get back, poor boy is just sat looking so sad at the moment :cry: :cry: hopefully we will look at bonding them as a threesome when i feel a little better

I'm so sorry you lost Ellie. xxxxx Take some time to think of all your options before you make your decision.

Hi, so sorry for your loss :cry:
Id say its definatly worth trying to bond him with your other pair when you feel stronger. In the meantime lots of extra time spent with him will help ease his loneliness.
So sorry for you all :(
Sweet dreams Ellie xxxxxx

Im so sorry, I recently went through this & its so heartbreaking to see the bun thats left alone.

Whatever you decide, I know it will be the right thing to do as you obviously love your buns. :)

so sorry to read your sad news and I do know how heartbreaking it is. Give harry and yourself time and I do hopethings will work out. sending hugs x

Back