• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toxoplasmosis

rachylou

Warren Veteran
My hubby and I are soon to start trying for a baby, obviously I am the one who cleans out our little fury babies, would I be putting my unborn baby at rist of Toxoplasmosis?

unlikely. It can only reproduce in cats, therefore whilst a rabbit can catch it, it cannot spread it.

As above, no not at risk.

I'm preggers and still clean and wash out litter trays! Just need to wash your hands carefully that's all. Being vegetarian there is very little nasty stuff in bunny poop or urine. :)

Thats great, thankyou!!

Congratulation PrettyLupin, how far along are you?

Aww thank you :D 23 and a bit weeks! At the lovely point now of not being able to bend over to scrub litter trays out in the bath so i'm now off litter tray duty.....yipee! I also can't bend down and lean in to sweep out the bottom floor of the hutch so bunny duties are dwindling as hubby takes over. I'm lucky as he does as much for them as I do. Time for you to train your OH up Rachylou! ;):lol:

Back