• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sophie is stupidly hormonal

kirst25

Alpha Buck
She won't leave me alone while free ranging and she is constantly biting me and I'm sure she tried humping my arm..I've been told I can't have her neutured til she is 6 months but that's another month

Depends on the bunny weight. If she is over a kilo, your vet might agree to spay her.
It is technically possible to spay before 6 months, but it isn't commonly done because the uterus is so small it poses a great difficulty to the vet.

Pearl is the same at the moment,she has started weeing on the sofa,biting holes in the sofa,biting holes in my clothes (and me) and being a general hormonal pest! :lol:
She is off to be spayed on Thursday though so hopefully she will calm down soon.She seems too tony to be spayed but she weighs enough!

My vet says six months but if behaviour is a problem they go on weight too so will do them a bit early if needed - thank goodness as all mine have been terrible with hormones and all been done a bit early!

I've rang the vets as she just won't stop biting me and chewing my clothes etc..she can get in tomorrow

Thank you..I'm not sure if they are rabbit savvy as my bfs mum goes there and she said she is good,they asked me to take sum of the food I give her to make sure she eats after but my bf will be taking her and picking her up,what will she be like after the op?

There's a page on neutering, including after-spay care, in 'Rabbit Care Reference Section.' :wave:

Spaying knocks them about abit. She'll need to be kept warm ( so inside if shes usually outside) and a snuggle safe or warm water bottle is nice for them. She'll want to sleep lots so will need to be kept very quiet although every hour or so tempt her with her favourite foods to get her eating again.
Make sure the vet gives her pain relief and some critical care to take home with you incase you need to force feed her.
Supply her with a bowl aswell as a bottle of water. Keep her aliving area clean and monitor her poo and wee output.
Good luck :wave:

Back