• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Wildy having the snip question?

Maizey

Wise Old Thumper
Baby is nearly six months old now,sorry for being stupid having had bunnies all my life:oops::oops::oops::oops:,is it time to have him neurtered?He wont let me feel his parts and all Im allowed is a stroke on his own terms.PS he is free range in the garden

:wave: How do I say this :oops: you would need to check if he has dropped :oops::oops::oops: there, now I have said it.:lol:

If you can't get hold of him yourself to check him out, catch him and ask the vet do check for you.

:wave: How do I say this :oops: you would need to check if he has dropped :oops::oops::oops: there, now I have said it.:lol:

If you can't get hold of him yourself to check him out, catch him and ask the vet do check for you.

I will catch the little hooligan before I let him out the shed tomorrow and a have grope of his man bits:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
I just wanted to know from people who had wildies if they develop quicker than domesticated bunnies rather than upsetting Baby

He should have dropped by now Maizey.
Knowing him, he'll probably hoik them up when you try to find out!
How is he?

I will catch the little hooligan before I let him out the shed tomorrow and a have grope of his man bits:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
I just wanted to know from people who had wildies if they develop quicker than domesticated bunnies rather than upsetting Baby

:wave: Good luck.

Yes, they do seem to mature later than domestics. I wonder if it's natures way of preventing them from breeding in their first season?

I can't remember how old Thistle was when he was done, but about 8 months (I think).

Freddy (girl) hasn't been spayed yet. She only started to become hormonal this spring/summer at about a year old.

We think Roger was neutered at about 7-8 months too. He and also some of the wildie crosses were hoiking their bits up anytime someone went near them so gave the illusion of having nothing, but then they were there when they went for their ops.

We think Roger was neutered at about 7-8 months too. He and also some of the wildie crosses were hoiking their bits up anytime someone went near them so gave the illusion of having nothing, but then they were there when they went for their ops.

Do wildies really do this? I had no idea! You learn something new everyday! :lol:

They didn't like people 'checking'. I guess they additional stress of being handled made then tenser which sucked them up. that's my theory anyway.

I think you're right about stress Sky-O. Thumper doesn't have any wildy in him, but always hoiks them up when handled.

Very tongue in cheek, I've sometimes thought that he's heard us discussing neutering so often, he's got a bit of a complex about them! :lol:

More seriously I've wondered whether it is some sort of reflex, with them being so vulnerable in rabbit fights for dominance. Although I understand that it's usually the victor who gets castrated if he mounts the submitting looser's head.

Stress makes more sense. Thank you.

Thank you all so much for your advice,I will wait a little longer before he has the snip as he doesnt seem to be randy at the mo,more than I can say for Blue he has been doing naughties to Honeys head all day:shock::shock::shock::shock::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back