• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

was reading a leaflet from pampurred pets..

beccimarie

Mama Doe
i took a leaflet from the pet shop just because i like to see what they write about bunnys and it says the average life expectancy for a bun is 6-8 years :shock: caspers 8 and i have never thought of him dying out soon.. i thought it was up to 15 years? my friend had a bun who was 15. just made me think is casper that old :roll:

Buns can and do live into their teens. :)

It's an 'average' which counts all the old bunnies alongside the ones that die young either because of illness or through shear neglect and not being properly fed and cared for etc. I can't begin to imagine how many buns die young for every one bunny that gets to ten years old.

i didnt relise! iv only had 3 buns and 2 are still alive and candy died at 14 so i didnt think that would be an average how sad :( didnt really think of casper as being "old" :( love my little boy :love:

It depends on the breed of rabbit; contis usually live to 3-4.
A well-cared for rabbit can live to 9-10 and even older. Not all bunnies can get older than that though; some develop important problems related to old age and either die or have to be put to sleep because they're suffering.

Back