• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A new bunny coming- piccies!.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
We've just agreed to take in another rabbit. She's a 5 year old white girl called Betsy. The owner has gone to uni and mum doesn't have time for her. I could have sent them to the rehoming rescue but I'm guessing she has been made aware of this and want the rabbit to go to a home, also she would be sitting ina cage for most of the winter and at 5 she is getting on a bit. I have asked the owner to either cover vaccination costs or get her vaccinated before arrival, if she hasn't already been done.

Last edited:
I'm glad the bunny is coming to stay with you. :wave: Hope the owner is grateful and obliging regarding the vaccinations.

Just had a reply and they are happy to pay for vaccinations and take her to us this week. I did say that they could either drop her off here ( don't give out address unless I must.) or drop her off at the vets for me to take home. Her husband works in our village, although I'm not sure how she knew that because I didn't mention it and it isn't on our website- the person who passed her onto us must have told her.
I have just got a reply back saying thank you, but no indication of when or where the rabbit will appear. I think I need to have a document that signs the animal over to us, feel a bit wary with this one for some reason.

I hope all goes well with the handover. Seems odd that they didn't mention when the rabbit would be coming/available for collection. :?

She's being dropped off at my work this morning. Will let you know how it goes- need to sort out accomodation for her know. Think I will put a crate and run in the rat room for a couple of weeks, just to assess her and quarantine her- until her vaccinations are done.

She's here and lovely- a lionhead and white but with black flecks through it. As she was dropped off at the vet, I got him to give her a check over and her myxi vaccine, not sure if it was the right thing to do, but decided she may as well have a load of stress and then be able to adapt to us for 2 weeks before her VHD.

Best wishes to the lovely new bunny. :love: Glad she has arrived safely and got one of the vaccines out of the way. :)

Glad she arrived safely, and that the owners were responsible to get her vacc'd and give her to you. I wonder whether the owner (that went to uni) was happy to give her up or whether it was pressure from the mum. :( I hope the mum tells him/her that the bun has gone to a safe place.

Meet Betsy-
010-3.jpg

011-1.jpg

She has helicopter ears.:D

Back