• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hope it's nothing to worry about.

basirascal

Mama Doe
Just noticing that Basil is very quiet today and not his usual boistrous self. He's normally really playful, but today he has seemed at first a bit cross:? and then went really quiet (3 hours or so now) I had to coax him out of his base, he seemed to be hiding behind his snuggle house and now he's gone into the conservatory and is just laying on the chair. I tried to tempt him with a SS nugget and he did take it and eat it, but not with his usual gusto, really slowly. Otherwise he seems fine in every other way. Probably being paranoid....but since he had EC, I'm always scared. Just wondering, does anyone elses rabbit behave differently if it is raining? Basil is a house rabbit, so can't really see how that would effect him. Unless he just doesn't like the dampness in the air or something:?

Just noticing that Basil is very quiet today and not his usual boistrous self. He's normally really playful, but today he has seemed at first a bit cross:? and then went really quiet (3 hours or so now) I had to coax him out of his base, he seemed to be hiding behind his snuggle house and now he's gone into the conservatory and is just laying on the chair. I tried to tempt him with a SS nugget and he did take it and eat it, but not with his usual gusto, really slowly. Otherwise he seems fine in every other way. Probably being paranoid....but since he had EC, I'm always scared. Just wondering, does anyone elses rabbit behave differently if it is raining? Basil is a house rabbit, so can't really see how that would effect him. Unless he just doesn't like the dampness in the air or something:?

Biscuit's just the same, if its raining, he'll sit at one end of his pen and just look out the window, if its sunny, i can hear him all day long bouncing off the bars of his pen etc, i think all depends on how stimulated they are during the day and what is going on around them :)

Hope that's a little re-assuring, he is a house bunny too.

Thanks Graham, glad it's not just Basil, it just seems really odd. Although, this is the first really wet day we have had for ages. He's still just sitting there at the moment, so I'll keep my eye on him.

Is he is a moult at the minute, that makes mine feel a bit down sometimes?

Thanks you SOAD. He has being going through a moult recently, it seems to have stopped half way, if that makes any sense and he has a definate line on both sides. Sorry if that sounds a bit confused.

I have a couple that get a bit down during a moult, hopefully it's something simple like that :love:

Yes I really hope so. I'm stilll learning how to be a bunny mummy and I worry when anything's different. Really hoping it is just something simple.

My Spenser is not a house bunny, but he does have quieter days. The day he took ill last week was a particularly bad moult day ... I'm now wondering if there could be any connection. I hope Basil is OK, he is such a gorgeous wee fellow. :love:

Both my two have really quiet days today being one of them, i swear when the weather is awful they seem miserable. xx

Oh thank you all so much:wave:, I feel more re-assured now. Basil is still very quiet, but otherwise seems ok. Hopefully he'll feel a bit happier tomorrow.

Oh thank you all so much:wave:, I feel more re-assured now. Basil is still very quiet, but otherwise seems ok. Hopefully he'll feel a bit happier tomorrow.

I hope so, they do like to make us worry eh? :)

Lots of noserubs and vibes for being more cheerful for him :)

Phew........they really do. He still looks a bit miserable but he has started chewing his apple stick, so maybe he feels a bit better now. Hoping for a better day for him tomorrow and hoping I'll soon stop being so paranoid:roll:

Back