• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice/ideas please.... re:attaching run

Autumn

Warren Scout
I am probably being a bit special, but i just can't work out the best way to do this, other than maybe using one of those 'runaround' tunnels or something? At the moment i have no fixed run attached to hutch. This wasn't a massive problem as the 6ft hutch was on 2 levels, but moving house the hutch got badly damaged and we had to chop it down to a single level hutch as it was not safe. Space wise, the buns now free range a lot in the garden, but i want to fix the run somehow so they have constant access to it. This is problematic as garden is landscaped and funny shaped patio's etc means that the run has to go on patio and the hutch on gravel with a fat railway sleeper inbetween! I can't figure out how to make it work? Here are pics of the area, run and hutch in the hope that you lot are all less dumb that me!!! :shock:

Rabbit001.jpg

Rabbit003.jpg

Rabbit002.jpg

Please excuse the mankiness of the run...... If the rabbits were using it it would be spotless and have the hide in it, but i have rammed it in a corner to block off access down the side of the house :oops::oops:

Also there is no food as i took pictures mid hutch cleaning!

Could you bring the hutch onto the patio against the front of the house and the attach the run to the side of it (cutting a hole in the side of the hutch)

Or you could put the hutch on top of the run.

Could you bring the hutch onto the patio against the front of the house and the attach the run to the side of it (cutting a hole in the side of the hutch)

Or you could put the hutch on top of the run.

I had thought of that, but if i put the hutch on top then a) it becomes really difficult to access inside the run, and b) i need to put a ramp in and LOLA is a BIG chewer and part of the reason the old hutch because unsafe once it moved house was because of her having chewed the second floor so much on the exposed edges.

If i put the hutch against the house attached to the run i won't be able to get access round the side of the house :roll:

I feel like i'm being a total numpty and there must be a really obvious way around it, but am at a loss!

Back