• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dry Sneezing

Amy104

Warren Veteran
My little zoo has grown somewhat as I collected two adorable little lads out the freeads on sat, 10 weeks old.

Both appear to be dry sneezing so I've booked a vet appointment.

Apart from teeth, allergies or pastrella could there be anything else causing this?

I'm assuming we can't test for pastrella as there is no discharge and that for tooth roots they'd both need an xray which seems a bit traumatic for such young bunnies.

Yes, as far as i'm aware a lower respiratory tract infection can manifest as a dry sneeze. Quick listen with a stethoscope might help with that :)

Yes, as far as i'm aware a lower respiratory tract infection can manifest as a dry sneeze. Quick listen with a stethoscope might help with that

Thanks. Hope its nothing too serious poor little mites. I was only supposed to be bringing home the one but Hubby is a soft touch and couldn't bear to seperate them so ended up with the two.

It could be an allergy to their new hay/bedding, or even the change in weather.
At the beginning my 2 were dry sneezing. There was nothing new in their environment and their lungs were clear. My vet said thatbuns can sometimes get sneezy when the season changes. He gave them some vitamins and it cleared up on its own :D
Hope its something simple with ur little uns too :wave:

At the beginning my 2 were dry sneezing. There was nothing new in their environment and their lungs were clear. My vet said thatbuns can sometimes get sneezy when the season changes.

One of my other buns actually has hay fever and he's been pretty sneezy lately so I haven't gone into panic mode yet but I'm going on hols in a few weeks and I'd feel better knowing I'd had them checked before I go. The sneezing didn't seem as bad yesterday as it did saturday so I'm hopeful its something straight forward.

Back