• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

caspers not well today ...

beccimarie

Mama Doe
:( casper would not have his crunchie this morning running round fine but when i picked him up his belly was hard :( i thought his dental had solved this! but i have been reducing his kale as i dont want him to have it every day any more as the high calciam content but i think he refused the hay last night and made himself ill :( maybe i should just leave his diet as it was?

Oh no, I'm so sorry to read this. :( Poor Casper and poor you - they can be such a worry. :(:( I sympathise with the kale problem - I bought some for Spenser to encourage him to eat after his stasis episode last week, and I'm dreading taking it out of his diet again. What other veg does Casper accept? :? Spenser will eat spring greens, cabbage, and rocket although it is obvious he prefers kale and parsley.

casper is the same he had spring greens last night and usally eats them but instead of kale i put more greens in i also reduced the pellets because i thought he was eating hay now.. i guess he didnt like the fact i had taken it away and did not eat :cry: so hard because i really want him to eat more hay now after his dental but i dont want him to get poorly over it :roll:

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear Casper is feeling rough this morning.

I've got a not very happy Fizz in my kitchen at the moment, wasn't interested in breakfast outside so brought him in for a warm up and a run around. I've left him with lots of different piles of things, treats, grass, herbs, dandilions, hay, apple tree twigs with leaves, he was munching a bit so I've left him to it for a while.

Fingers crossed these two will be feeling better very soon.

What hay are you giving Casper? I bought Spenser excel forage last week and he won't touch it! He seems to prefer nibbling his bedding hay and straw. :roll::roll: Timothy hay went down a bit better, and he certainly likes readigrass - it's very short strands though, so probably not so great for the teeth. The first time I gave Spenser a bowl of veg that had no kale in it he tipped it up all over the grass!

:lol: spenser sounds the same as casper! he rather likes his bedding hay more that eating nice excell hay :lol: so he has his plain meadow hay which he usally eats now :( i just gave him diced pear and a carrot donut and he has had a few nibbles :D not the healthest thing to eat but he is nibbling he only had a few bites though :( think its his belly that's the problem as his teeth are sorted now!

thank you for all your comments think there working ;)

Keeping up the vibes for Spenser's little lookalike! :love: If you haven't tried him with rocket, might be worth a go. Doesn't keep very well, but Spenser has never refused it and I like it on my sandwiches so we get through a small bag between us quite quickly. If anyone comes on and tells me rocket is not good for bunnies I will defintely scream.

:D thank you i will get some this afternoon, i tend not to try him with new things because when i do his belly starts again think he has a very senstive tum :D but seen as him and spenser seem alike ill give it ago :lol:

:D thank you i will get some this afternoon, i tend not to try him with new things because when i do his belly starts again think he has a very senstive tum :D but seen as him and spenser seem alike ill give it ago :lol:

Probably best just to give him a little bit to begin with if he is a bit dodgy with new things. I'm sure you'd do that anyway. I've just had some for my lunch, and realised I forgot to give Spenser a bit! :oops:

thank you for all your vibes, casper has munched on some hay and another piece of pear and 2 leaves from the apple tree :D must be all your kind vibes :D he isnt eating very well but a few nibbles here and there atleast he is getting his gut moving now!:D

casper just ran to me and grabed a chrunchie out my hand, think someones feeling better ;) thanks again for all your support think it worked! :D casper says "nom nom thank you num nom" :D

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear Casper is feeling rough this morning.

I've got a not very happy Fizz in my kitchen at the moment, wasn't interested in breakfast outside so brought him in for a warm up and a run around. I've left him with lots of different piles of things, treats, grass, herbs, dandilions, hay, apple tree twigs with leaves, he was munching a bit so I've left him to it for a while.

Fingers crossed these two will be feeling better very soon.

What hay are you giving Casper? I bought Spenser excel forage last week and he won't touch it! He seems to prefer nibbling his bedding hay and straw. Timothy hay went down a bit better, and he certainly likes readigrass - it's very short strands though, so probably not so great for the teeth. The first time I gave Spenser a bowl of veg that had no kale in it he tipped it up all over the grass!

casper has been through every hay under the sun! finally found one he likes which is normal meadow hay, he pushes readi grass out the way like its not nice, doesnt eat Timothy or any other kind :lol: very fussy bun , but he is better today :D:D soft belly and lots of nom noms!! :love:

Back