• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free range time?

Milo+Fizz

Mama Doe
Lets try again! I am interested to see peoples opinions on free range time and what you do with your bunnies (OUTDOOR BUNNIES PLEASE) Poll coming up! Oh dam ive messed it up again. Can i edit it to have a poll or not?

As much time as they want!!!

I had two unbonded buns who would take it in turns for their garden time. The older one usually put himself away after a couple of hours, then the younger one used to go out until he was put back in! Nothing lovelier than watching a bun romp around a garden, nomming everything in its path...:lol::lol:

Mine free range from 9am till 3pm, then get put back in hutch when i go on school run, back out at 3.30 until about 6.30..... only started free ranging them a week ago, but they LOVE it!!!:love:

my bunnies never free range outside as my garden is no were near secure.
But they get to free range inside at times :)
and obviously they are in thier runs everyday.

I don't stay in garden the whole time, but during the day i am either in the kitchen, study or playroom, all of which wrap around and look onto the garden so i pretty much have a constant view of the buns - they are great time wasters though - since free ranging them i get NOTHING done!

Well my rabbits are usually in their runs but sometimes I let them free range. :) For example, when I'm cleaning out their hutches, I emty them and then spray them with fly strike spray. Instead of sitting there waiting for it to dry :lol: I let some of the buns play in the garden free-ranging. I have 4 rabbits so it's usually Tink and Mischief (the bigger 2) who go out but I do let Jasper and Blossom out at times. ;) I do watch them 100% because the one time I didn't, Mischief went next door! I had to shout my Mum to come help because I couldn't go around and get him and watch his free-ranging sister at the same time!! :roll: I also didn't have time to pick her up and put her in the run before I got her brother because they are a nightmare to catch and Mischief would have probably dissapeared by the time I got her! :lol:

Generally they are good bunnies though and quite a few times they escaped from the shed :? but I always find them relaxing on the grass, they never leave home. :love:

I would love to let mine free range but it would be stupid and dangerous to let them do so.

No free range time for mine. There are cats all around that eye them up as it is. I don't want to risk is as I doubt I'd get to them quick enough if one did decide to go for them.

I tried bringing them inside a couple of times (put the dog in another room, and it was quiet) and they just freaked out. They sat very still, ears flat back and eyes wide. I think it must have been the smell of our dog. Though oddly enough the cats looking at them, and sitting on top of their hutch doesn't bother them at all :lol:

Mine have free range time with me in the garden, i dont leave them. There are dogs on all sides of my garden that are out most of the time so i dont usually get cats in the garden apart from one cat that has appeared very late at night a few times when the buns have been in. I would never leave them unsupervised. My garden is very bunny secure.

Albert and Evie freerange for a few hours everyday and the others do when time and weather allow. I leave them to it in that I dont stay in the garden with them all the time but I am in the kitchen where I can see them or I am popping in and out every few minutes.

one of mine free ranges most of the day, i hoping that when she is bonded with david they will both be able to free range. then when she goes in at tea time. I let the little ones out for half hour free range. little ones are supervised at all times, the others are not.

Storm & Mallow have 1 -2 hours free ranging in the afternoon/evening. I used to supervise them continuously but I've found that they have stopped testing the boundaries now they have had the same set up for more than a few weeks. Therefore I will now let them out without having to keep an eye on them all the time.

Mine only free range for an hour or so when I get the time. I supervise them all the time because there are cats around and sometimes birds of prey (not sure whether they'd be big enough to get a bunny but I don't want to risk it).
They usually run back in their hutch/run when they've had enough anyway.

My two freerange all day unless I'm not here. Out first thing in the morning till just before it starts getting dark. I know a lot won't agree with this as usual but we all have and are allowed different opinions. I believe in quality and enjoyment of life. :D

My two freerange all day unless I'm not here. Out first thing in the morning till just before it starts getting dark. I know a lot won't agree with this as usual but we all have and are allowed different opinions. I believe in quality and enjoyment of life. :D

Couldn't agree more :D

I try to let Bramble out to free range a couple of times a day. We have sectioned off the whole of the patio for him, and he comes indoors too. Always comes out when I am cleaning him out too. Otherwise he is in his run all the time and only uses his hutch for his toilet!

Back