• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can't belive wht I've seen

Tiabrac

Alpha Buck
Rabbit fur being sold on Ebay!!!!!!!!!!:censored:

I have contacted them asking if it is allowed if so I won't be using the site again.

I've seen it, Tiabrac - a large overblanket - there's several of them :shock: - from Sweden, I think?
Is is allowed nowadays?

I've seen it, Tiabrac - a large overblanket - there's several of them :shock: - from Sweden, I think?
Is is allowed nowadays?

Why wouldn't it be allowed? Like Vivien said, there are plenty of things made of leather and suede these days, that's an animal skin

I thought it was, trust me to get it wrong :roll: xx

It would be a by product of the meat industry so I don't see why it would be... going to go look it up though.
(I really should stop putting off my coursework :lol:)

Are hides (leather etc) derived from animals which are bred solely for that purpose, or are the hides taken as a by-product from the animals killed for meat? Maybe these rabbits are bred for meat and their skins as a by-product? I don't know.
I still have a sable coat from the 70s, bought just before the uprise in the animal movement when they were incendiary-bombing the chain stores which sold mink, chinchilla, rabbit fur etc.
Somehow, I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing my sable now - but I wear leather boots!

Sometimes the animal is bred for the fur or hides and meat is a bi-product of the fur/hide if you get what I am saying........ fur/hide animals are kept in different condition from meat animals, because they need to keep the hide/fur is clean condition etc......

I imagine there are no more laws stopping rabbit fur being traded than there is for leather or cowhide rugs - i.e that it has to confirm to minimum requirements (like being appropriatly treated and 'clean') and if it does so then there is nothing legally wrong with it. Morally wrong is the opinion of the individual.

same as leather

Leather isn't a by-product by the way. The cows are bred solely for that

And P@H sell "rabbit meat" in their freezer section. But people are quite happy buying from them:?

Back