• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally - Meet Linton!! :D

Im really looking forward to taking this guy on. Some of you might have already read my thread about Jerry being sold. After Jerry was unfortunately sold, i was heart broken, i tried several new horses but i didnt really connect with any of them. In the end i decided it was just too soon and to give it up for a little bit. Two months down the line and i got a call from a lady who needed a hand caring for her horse. She explained that some people from my old farm had reccomended me and passed on my number. :)

Anyway, she was worried because hes very territorial in his stable and sometimes lunges for passers by. He doesnt scare me though and im still in one peice so far. If he does bite me, then i'd like to try some "join up" with him. The first time i rode him was great, i really felt a connection with him and he remminds me of Jerry in some ways.

Ill stop yabbering on anyhoo, here he is, Linton. 15.3 Welsh D X

Hes a handsome lad :) wouldnt believe he'd take a chunk out of you if you got too close in the stable! :roll:
linton10.jpg

And makes a lovely bend on a circle - might have to try some dressage
linton5.jpg

he tracks up nicely too :)
linton226-9-10.jpg

and has a nice little jump :)
linton.jpg

Please excuse the terrible riding! :lol: Im still getting used to him

He's lovely :love:

Maybe his temperament would improve if he was kept out rather than stabled ?

He is kept out, but has a stable for winter nights. He used to be at Pontac farm where i kept Jerry, but moved to another up the road because Pontac dont have winter turn out and he was stuck in 24/7. He has improved a lot since he moved to Thrushwood farm though. A lot of the horses at Pontac go stir crazy in the winter and unless they have an experienced rider, then they often seem to get sold. Which is why Jerrys owner sold him, rather than trying a different approach :evil: :roll:

He is kept out, but has a stable for winter nights. He used to be at Pontac farm where i kept Jerry, but moved to another up the road because Pontac dont have winter turn out and he was stuck in 24/7. He has improved a lot since he moved to Thrushwood farm though. A lot of the horses at Pontac go stir crazy in the winter and unless they have an experienced rider, then they often seem to get sold. Which is why Jerrys owner sold him, rather than trying a different approach :evil: :roll:

how stupid is that :roll: horses are so huge they need to go out at some point everyday! Wind, rain or snow!

how stupid is that :roll: horses are so huge they need to go out at some point everyday! Wind, rain or snow!

I know, its totally ridiculous and everyone up there complains about it. Apart from the no winter turnout thing its the best farm ive ever had horses on. Theres no bitching and everyone seems to be really helpful. The farmer is really nice and its very well maintained.

People wait for years before they get a stable up there.

I know, its totally ridiculous and everyone up there complains about it. Apart from the no winter turnout thing its the best farm ive ever had horses on. Theres no bitching and everyone seems to be really helpful. The farmer is really nice and its very well maintained.

People wait for years before they get a stable up there.

what happens if you put the horses out in winter? Its a shame that everything else is so nice.
Your new horse is lovely :D

what happens if you put the horses out in winter? Its a shame that everything else is so nice.
Your new horse is lovely :D

The farmer shouts at us. if the fields arent wet/muddy then they can go out but in winter they are usually a mess. If its been snowing they can have a few hours out but he has made some turn out pens for the horses to take turns in for a few hours a day.

He is only thinking about the grazing though i suppose, he maintains it very well and he tries his best to to find alternatives for when we cant go out.

...and thankyou, he is handsome when hes not pulling faces :lol:

Back