• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Observed Behaviour

SkegMag

Warren Scout
Yesterday, I started to fry some onions - Sukie having her afternoon nap on the top level of her cage beside me in the kitchen.
Suddenly, she created a commotion - thumped several times, dived down the hole to the bottom level and buried her head in a crevice for 10 mins before emerging to resuming her nap on the bottom floor.
I threw open every available door, but I'm sure she thought there was an impending gas attack (pungent smell of the onions) - and the thumping was a warning signal!

Poppy is EXACTLY the same with my toasted gluten free bread - just the Genius make.... it's very odd and also a little bit amusing I must admit :oops: Fortunately I have gone off that particular bread and so there are no more bunny tantrums from the smell of it toasted! :lol:

Everytime we cook anything April sits in a corner looking terrified! I wonder why that is! She doesn't do it as often anymore come to think about it... maybe she's beginning to learn there's nothing to worry about :)!

I hope it didn't sting her eyes, though they WERE very strong-smelling onions! Anyway, at least she had the sense to get down to ground level lol!

Everytime we cook anything April sits in a corner looking terrified! I wonder why that is! She doesn't do it as often anymore come to think about it... maybe she's beginning to learn there's nothing to worry about :)!

yeah - mine do too sometimes....I though it was the sizzling sounds...:?

:wave:

Onions here too - Biscuit does the thumping thing and runs around like a maniac and hides in his hay box :roll:

Early warning System CODE B.I.S.C.U.I.T i call him ;):love:

Thanks for your feedback, everyone.
Well it's happened again this morning roasting a chicken! She proceeded, this time in an orderly fashion, down to her 'air raid shelter'.
'Course, we haven't encountered this all summer as the back door's always been open. Is she trying to tell me something about my cooking, do you think? :lol::lol:

Back