• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what we made Amber yesterday :-)

jubob

Mama Doe
Carrot cookies on the left and Apple cookies on the right Mmmmmmm she just woofed one down that Scott gave her before I could get the camera :lol:

DSCF2703.jpg

Lucky Amber! :D Where did you get the recipe ... although I can just see my parents' faces if I said I was going to do some baking for the rabbit. :lol::lol::lol:

I got a recipe of the net last time I made them, this time I just winged it.
1/ I bashed up a small mug of pellets till they were mostly dust.
2/ Grated an apple into one bowl and a carrot into another bowl.
3/ Devided the pellet dust between the two bowls.
4/ Put a small handful of Porridge oats ( thinks this acts as a binder much as an egg would in a cake ) into each bowl.
5/ I added about 2 tablespoons of apple juice ( you can use water ) into each bowl, do a bit at a time till you can make a kind of dough with the mix .
6/ Shape and bake on a baking tray covered with grease proof on a low oven for about 45 minutes till dried and not spongy in the middle, you must leave them in the oven while the oven cools as this helps them dry out properly.
7/ Store in a Tupperware container, and hide from your Rabbit :lol:

It is kind of messy trying to shape them but worth it :D

Last edited:
Lucky Amber! :D Where did you get the recipe ... although I can just see my parents' faces if I said I was going to do some baking for the rabbit. :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah - OH says "ooooh yum - biscuits" ...and grabs one & munches one down!" :shock::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I got a recipe of the net last time I made them, this time I just winged it.
1/ I bashed up a small mug of pellets till they were mostly dust.
2/ Grated an apple into one bowl and a carrot into another bowl.
3/ Devided the pellet dust between the two bowls.
4/ Put a small handful of Porridge oats ( thinks this acts as a binder much as an egg would in a cake ) into each bowl.
5/ I added about 2 tablespoons of apple juice ( you can use water ) into each bowl, do a bit at a time till you can make a kind of dough with the mix .
6/ Shape and bake on a baking tray covered with grease proof on a low oven for about 45 minutes till dried and not spongy in the middle, you must leave them in the oven while the oven cools as this helps them dry out properly.
7/ Store in a Tupperware container, and hide from your Rabbit :lol:

It is kind of messy trying to shape them but worth it :D

Printed off & gonna bake some for sure! I think my girls will adore these!:D
Thanks for that!;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah - OH says "ooooh yum - biscuits" ...and grabs one & munches one down!" :shock::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ha ha did he like them :lol: Geoff almost ate one when he came in from work last night ravenous like he always is I said NO there for Amber LOL:lol::lol:

Luckys are cooling in the oven. I only did the apple ones because grinding the pellets took absolutely forever!!! :lol:

Luckys are cooling in the oven. I only did the apple ones because grinding the pellets took absolutely forever!!! :lol:

urgh god that did take ages! any better ideas than a pestle and morter (sp?) ? I did just carrot ones because my two arent keen on apple :)

Yeh let me know how they go :D

ive just been out with one each, they love them :wave: I think i put too much apple juice in so it is deffinatly one a day :) I had to make mine rectangular because Mae has no front teeth, I need to make them even more thin for her bless :roll:

Yeh grinding the pellets does take time ( I have 3 kids and they all took a turn :lol:) , but you get big muscles, if you have a coffee grinder they might be alright in that :)

ive just been out with one each, they love them :wave: I think i put too much apple juice in so it is deffinatly one a day :) I had to make mine rectangular because Mae has no front teeth, I need to make them even more thin for her bless :roll:

Glad your lot liked them :love:

Last edited:
Back