• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

rabbit chewed on lysol wipe

Spooky got into a garbage bag I had sitting on a chair and started chewing on a lysol wipe just a few minutes ago. Is he going to be ok? He didn't chew for long, I grabbed him pretty quick but I'm still nervous.

:? :?

what should I do?

he has been eating lots of hay and pellets and I keep offering him his water and he is drinking a lot, hopefully chewing on that wipe won't bother him.

he only had a hold of it for a second before I grabbed him quickly.

I feel like a really worried mother right now, heh.

I called the emergency vet too and they think he will be okay, but I'm not sure how familiar they are with rabbits.

just want to hear from you guys about this..

If you got to him almost immediately and he didn't actually swallow any of the wipe itself I am sure he'll be fine. The water he is drinking should help flush through any tiny amount of disinfectant that he might have ingested.

Just keep a check on his general demeanour and poo output over the next 24 hours :)

He is back in his cage now just munching on pellets and hay and playing around, seems fine. Maybe this isn't a big deal but I'm still worried.

If he starts acting funny I will take him to the vet tomorrow.

He seems fine, but I'm a nervous wreck, ha ha.

He will be fine i'm sure don't worry :)

I had a bowl of disinfectant I was washing the floor with when I heard a lapping sound and turned round to see my bunny drinking out of it! :shock: Like you I panicked but immediately gave him some wet greens and others things to munch on to dilute any nasty chemicals. As long as your bun is eating normally, i'm certain it will have been diluted down in his system and he will be just fine.

Back