• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vets in Belfast

Keky

Warren Scout
If there is anyone who lives around Belfast what vet do you use?

I'm currently with Hollygate in Carryduff but just picked them from the RCVS website and would like to know of any good rabbit savy vets near Belfast.

Hi :wave:

I'm not in NI, there are not that many members that I can think of there.

Mart is in NI, but not sure if he's near Belfast or not - maybe you could PM him to ask?

Sorry not to be of more help, maybe someone else will see this.

Hi,

Cedargrove are good. If you can travel to Bangor there is also Cedarmount Veterinary Clinic and Glenn Veterinary Clinic, both of which are extremely good with rabbits.

Cvc and Gvc treat all the bunnies I look after at work and also my own bunnies. Between them they have probably seen every weird and wonderful bunny disease!

Cerys :)

Hi,

Cedargrove are good. If you can travel to Bangor there is also Cedarmount Veterinary Clinic and Glenn Veterinary Clinic, both of which are extremely good with rabbits.

Cvc and Gvc treat all the bunnies I look after at work and also my own bunnies. Between them they have probably seen every weird and wonderful bunny disease!

Thanks Cerys, Bangor might be a bit far unless my vet gets stuck, Jager is such a stress head I wouldn't want to have her in the car too long.

Me Me MEEEEE I am I AM!!!!!

Hello!!!!!:wave:

:wave: Would you recommend your vet BensonLola?

I know where they are! Are they good, or have you had to use them much for anything but vaccs/neutering?

I think they are great, have always used them with all my pets. When I took Peaches in for her first vacc the vet really checked her over and made a real fuss of her ,which she loved lol

I think they are great, have always used them with all my pets. When I took Peaches in for her first vacc the vet really checked her over and made a real fuss of her ,which she loved lol

Have you had to use them for anything was wasn't routine? I just feel that my vets keep glossing over Jager's head shaking, but other than that they have been really good!

Not bunny wise as I am a newbie in the land of Buns. I have a friend that uses Gortlands abd she thinks they are great with her bun. I have stuck with my vet as I have been with them for years but if I wasn't happy I would prob give them ago.
Hope this helps.

P.s where in Belfast are you we will have to organise a meet up with others frm N.Ireland :wave:

Not bunny wise as I am a newbie in the land of Buns. I have a friend that uses Gortlands abd she thinks they are great with her bun. I have stuck with my vet as I have been with them for years but if I wasn't happy I would prob give them ago.
Hope this helps.

P.s where in Belfast are you we will have to organise a meet up with others frm N.Ireland :wave:

I'm in South Belfast, a meet up would be nice!

Was your bunny Peter a black lop from Assisi? If so I've met him, he was adorable! :love:

I'm in South Belfast, a meet up would be nice!

Was your bunny Peter a black lop from Assisi? If so I've met him, he was adorable! :love:

Yes collecting him tomorrow I hope, isnt he very handsome:love:
I'm in south Belfast too! Belvoir :wave:

:wave: Hi bensonlola!

Peter can't wait to get home with Amanda! He is very excited about meeting Peaches too!

Hope you find a good vet keky. Unfortunately over here vets still aren't always terribly 'au fait' with bunnies and can often miss very obvious things that a vet who knows rabbits well would pick up on. This is mainly to do with the lack of bunnies that are actually taken to the vets in the first place. So few rabbits are vaccinated or spayed/ neutered over here. It's sad :(

Thanks Cerys, Bangor might be a bit far unless my vet gets stuck, Jager is such a stress head I wouldn't want to have her in the car too long.

:wave: Would you recommend your vet BensonLola?

Yes I would - Gortlands. But I haven't had to take them with anything too taxing - just vaccinations etc. The girl I get is lovely though and seems to know lots about bunnies. Cerys would have more experience than me though with all sorts so I would go with Cedar Grove.

Helloooooo!

Hi there!

I too am in South Belfast, bunny mummy to 4 little house bunnies. Would love to meet some fellow rabbit fanatics in Belfast!!!

:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

Back