• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I Feeding Too Much?

Honeybean

Warren Scout
Hi

What do you feed your buns? Do you feed twice a day?

I am currently feeding Alfie:

Excell Pellets
Excell Forage
Meadow Hay (he is not that bothered about this)
Carrots
Broccoli
Broc leaves
Cauli leaves
Apple

I am checking Alfie's hay in the morning and add to it, but he is not eating much. Have switched to the Forage as he does not seem that interested in the Meadow Hay.

I give Alfie a bowl full of the fresh vet and fruit per day.

I give him the pellets daily, about 2 table spoons full.

I am pretty sure I am feeding him too much as he is not getting throught the fruit and veg. I end up chucking it away the next day.

Can you advise me please?

Thanks
Kim

apple and carrot should really only given as a treat once or twice a week not every day as they are quite high in sugar. I handful of veg and a small handful of pellets is all he needs the rest of his diet should be grass and hay.

Hi I give mine a tablespoon of pellets in the morning ( two have excell and one is now on Allen and Page in an effort to cure his sticky bum) plus a pinch of dried herbs and soft hay.
then in the evening they have a small bowl of mixed veg, cabbage, watercress, rocket, small piece of carrot etc plus handful of redi-grass and handful of oathay.
They may also have later very small piece of bannana or a fenugreek crunchie.

apple and carrot should really only given as a treat once or twice a week not every day as they are quite high in sugar. I handful of veg and a small handful of pellets is all he needs the rest of his diet should be grass and hay.

ooo **** I give mine carrots and apple EVERDAY :/ duno wot else to give them thats like genera common veg! my mum buys the veg and won't buy specail veg just for the rabbits :/x

Spenser gets a bowl of veg and a small bowl of pellets in the morning and evening. I'm trying to change the balance so that a larger percentage of his diet is hay, but it's getting colder outside and he is certainly not carrying any excess weight. I buy him spring greens, but he gets a bit of broccoli/cauliflower if we're having it. He's not that keen on carrots! :roll:

Back