• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP! Jager won't eat anything! U/D Eating again!

Keky

Warren Scout
Ok so on Wednesday my two bucks fought so Jager went with her brother to the vets to get checked up. Then last night she refused to eat her veggies so I took her to the emergency vets while I had to work night shift.

I got her back this morning and apparently she had eaten a little and had been given a metocl'ide shot. Got her home and started trying her with every tasty thing I could think of, eventually I got her to eat some fresh grass, that I had grown, and a bramble or two.

I ran out and bought her a snugglesafe as her ears were back to being cold again after warming up at the vets. As I had been awake all night and she had shown signs of eating I went to get a bit of sleep.

Since I got up I've been trying to get her to eat, she munched a tiny bit more grass (though I haven't much of it and she isn't used to a lot), wouldn't touch the ordinary grass from the garden, but ate another bramble.

I have some recovery food here but haven't used it as I'm afraid to make things worse by syringing her, and she gets so stressed out that I'm worried going back to the vets will do no good. Even Fleury got so stressed out that he would barely eat this morning.

Just to add that I have been putting a steroid cream on Fleury's ear since Thursday evening, and Jager shakes her head, always has done but the vets don't know why and have put it down to ear wax, but she seems to be shaking it more since Thursday.

:cry: Advice please I just don't know what to do for the best!

ETA - She ate a couple more bramble leaves.

Last edited:
I was thinking about that too after reading other threads but it doesn't say on the sheet and the vet didn't mention it. :?

I was thinking about that too after reading other threads but it doesn't say on the sheet and the vet didn't mention it. :?

Well a Bunny in pain wont eat, regardless of where the pain is coming from.

Has the Vet checked her teeth ?

Well a Bunny in pain wont eat, regardless of where the pain is coming from.

Has the Vet checked her teeth ?

I wish vets would remind me these things when I'm stressed out and forget to remind them!

I just noticed that she seems to have just gone to the toilet in the place she has been sat most of the day :?

That's another trip to the vet again then? Should I bother bringing Fleury just to stress him out some more?

I had to give my bunny recovery food when he got stasis on Wednesday. Being inexperienced most of it ended up on my fleece and Spenser's fur, but he licked it up and it seemed to do him some good. I was also advised to leave some in a small bowl, which he did lick from a couple of times. I think he quite liked the taste, but not the syringe business.

Sending get well vibes for Jager. :wave:

Hello i have had exactly the same thing with lola this week, it started on monday morning when she refused to eat and sat in the oddest places where she never normally goes, i took her to the vet monday morning and he gave me critical care to syringe to her which was a night mare as lola was having none of it so i took her back to the vet mon afternoon who put her on a drip at 6pm she was taken to animal hospital in wimbledon, kept in for 2 nights i reall thought i was going to lose her she refused to eat until i visited her tuesday and ate carrot tops and parsley and started doing tiny poos she came home weds pm and is slowly recovering she was on zantac/metacam and metoclopramide and bio lapis until friday, when i took her back to the vet for a check up, she is gradually getting better but is taking advantage with me feeding her at intervals i havent seen her drink any water yet but she is pooing and peeing. my advice to you is TAKE HER BACK TO THE VET!

Right I got back and set up a pen for Jager so I can keep an eye on her without her brother eating/peeing/pooing on her behalf.

Jager is nibbling sometimes, I've seen her munching a few strands of hay but I'm gonna go and make up some critical care and see if she is interested in it. Does anyone know if I should use cold water or warm water?

Harley and I have had our tea finally but Fleury is still a bit off from yesterday's disruption and hasn't got a big appetite, but still more than his sister.

So at the vets Jager was given another shot of metoclopramide, I asked about metacam but was told it wouldn't be best with an already slow gut and since Jager has a low temp. I also asked about checking her teeth, which they apparently tried to check last night but was told it was just stressing her out and GA would be best, but not while she is already poorly.

I have to ring back tomorrow to let them know how she is, and I'll be awake most of the night anyway to watch her.

I think when she recovers from this I'm gonna ask my normal vets to perhaps put her under GA to check her teeth and find out what this head shaking is about!

Oh nearly forgot, I noticed tonight that she has dry flakey skin, a bit of this on both backs of her ears. So I'll have to mention that to my normal vet as they didn't have anything for mites at the emergency vet.

Sorry about the length :oops:

Right I got back and set up a pen for Jager so I can keep an eye on her without her brother eating/peeing/pooing on her behalf.

Jager is nibbling sometimes, I've seen her munching a few strands of hay but I'm gonna go and make up some critical care and see if she is interested in it. Does anyone know if I should use cold water or warm water?

Harley and I have had our tea finally but Fleury is still a bit off from yesterday's disruption and hasn't got a big appetite, but still more than his sister.

So at the vets Jager was given another shot of metoclopramide, I asked about metacam but was told it wouldn't be best with an already slow gut and since Jager has a low temp. I also asked about checking her teeth, which they apparently tried to check last night but was told it was just stressing her out and GA would be best, but not while she is already poorly.

I have to ring back tomorrow to let them know how she is, and I'll be awake most of the night anyway to watch her.

I think when she recovers from this I'm gonna ask my normal vets to perhaps put her under GA to check her teeth and find out what this head shaking is about!

Oh nearly forgot, I noticed tonight that she has dry flakey skin, a bit of this on both backs of her ears. So I'll have to mention that to my normal vet as they didn't have anything for mites at the emergency vet.

Sorry about the length :oops:

Glad she's nibbling a bit. I use boiled warm water to mix up the critical care.

Hi Keky, how is Jager this morning?, pleased to hear she is nibbling a bit. try some fresh herbs - dill / basil / parsley it took Lola ages but after sitting waving them in her face for ages i think she just decided to eat some so i would go away!! Good luck and keep us posted.x

Hi Keky, how is Jager this morning?, pleased to hear she is nibbling a bit. try some fresh herbs - dill / basil / parsley it took Lola ages but after sitting waving them in her face for ages i think she just decided to eat some so i would go away!! Good luck and keep us posted.x

Hey, she is looking a bit brighter! She munched some grass this morning and I'm just back from the shops to get her some herbs as I was out of them.

She has eaten some thyme and munched some blackcurrant leaves and readigrass. I have her in with two different hays, readigrass, herbs, brambles, leaves, two water bowls and a water bottle!

I have let her be for the time being as she doesn't like to be watched eating :lol: Just hoping she shows a bit more improvement before I have to go to work tonight.

Hey thats good news, try massaging her belly as you wave food in her face to get her to eat, it sounds mad but it does work!!

Back