• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Humping Cuddly Toy

SkegMag

Warren Scout
Sukie's started humping her furry toy today - she's really been giving it some :shock: Should I take it off her for now or leave her to it? She's 6 months and being spayed next week.

To your rabbit this cuddly toy is her 'friend' I would leave it with her until she has a living friend of her own.

I agree totally with the other members.
It's perfectly normal rabbit behaviour for both sexes to hump & they may continue to do so to a lesser extent after neutering.
I bought mine a rabbit toy specially for the purpose.

my buns prefer to hump each other :roll:

Won't hurt her. Fiver had an unhealthy obsession with my slippers before he got neutered :lol:

Thank you, everyone. I was worried incase she worked herself into an unhealthy frenzy :shock:
She's also started circling me and making like a humming sound!
I've got her a handsome boyfriend lined up when she's over her op :love: Hope she doesn't bite him this time!

Thank you, everyone. I was worried incase she worked herself into an unhealthy frenzy :shock:
She's also started circling me and making like a humming sound!
I've got her a handsome boyfriend lined up when she's over her op :love: Hope she doesn't bite him this time!

Nah, probably it's good exercise! :lol:

Well done for getting her a husbun. Everybun needs a friend. :)

Just watch for any loose fibres on this toy. Nino doesn't mount his toy but he spends hours grooming his chocolate coloured toy rabbit to the point that we have to confiscate it after a few mins to prevent any loose fibres being ingested. We keep the toy around as he finds it comforting and should he become ill, or Poppy, it would hopefully smell familiar and provide comfort. I too would leave the toy with your girl provided it is a safe toy. :)

Back