• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sophie is peeing while she is free range and im concerned

kirst25

Alpha Buck
its like she is uncontrollably doing it as she was on my bed last nyt with me and my other half and she did it 3 times with in 5 mins..she is using her litter tray when she is in her pen and base,she has never urinated anywhere when free range before can anyone advice me if it means she needs to be spayed or if its just normal :)

No idea, sorry, not having a girl or house rabbit. :? I hope you get the problem sorted. Maybe you should phone the vet and arrange for a check up.

she is 5 months old..shes not doin it in her pen tho as her bottom wasnt wet this afternoon but maybe she has just got comfortable in her nw surroundings as it takes a while doesnt it?
will it calm down when she is spayed?
apart from this she is fine

Has she done it several times while free ranging, or just last night? I wonder if she needed to go, couldn't see her litter tray and got into a bit of a panic. I hope someone with more experience of girl bunnies comes along soon to advise you. :wave:

I agree, I think she will improve when spayed too especially if she get's a new gentleman friend to amuse her ;)

she only started it about 2 days ago..ive been told by the vets that she is registered at that she cant be spayed until she is 6 months as that is the only age they will do it from

It should stop once shes speyed. My Darcy used to wee on my bed all the time too. Its stopped now. If you're worried thats its something else then ask your vet to give her a check up.

im starting to believe that is territoral as i would be worrying if she was peeing all over the floor in her pen and on her vetbed but she isnt shes doing it in the litter tray but will keep an eye on her til monday and if notice anything different while she is in her pen then i will ring the vets..do youre rabbits drink quite alot a day?

My rabbit drinks very little, but this is something that can vary quite a lot between different rabbits. Spenser seems to get most of the water he needs from his fresh veg. How much does Sophie drink? :wave:

she drinks half a bottle a day if not a little bit more :wave:

I love seeing bunnies at their bottles. :love: Unfortunately Spenser doesn't like them and insists on using a bowl. :roll: This makes it harder to monitor how much he drinks, but I know it is not much. Indoor bunnies probably drink more because they live in a warmer environment.

Back