• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny

Jenson

Mama Doe
Hello
Is everyone else over protective? I think I'm driving my boyfriend mad and I've only had Jenson a week!
Just curious if I'm the only one who worries maybe too much or if its just because he's my first rabbit.

Awwww. In what way are you overprotective? I worry about my buns constantly, even though I've had them 7 years now! :lol:

Welcome to RU, be sure to post piccies! :wave:

Sooty's my first bunny and I've had him just over a year now and I still worry all the time! I think my OH's just learnt to phase me out when i'm going on and on about tiny little things that are worrying me!:lol:

I'm always fluttering about Spenser's health and well-being. :oops: Spenser is my first rabbit, so that is probably a factor and may be for you too. What sort of things are worrying you about Jenson? I've got a bit better now that I realise it is normal for Spenser to be a bit dozy from late morning to mid-afternoon.

Hi, nothing in particular. I'm just new to keeping a rabbit so I'm just fussing that I get things right. He's quite shy sometimes but I know it takes a long time for a rabbit to get to know you.

He's eating and drinking etc like he should be, just as I was about to worry he wasn't eating much hay today he started munching! He doesn't like being picked up, which I know is normal but makes it hard to check him. I think I'm being too soft with him, need to work on firm and gentle!

Here are a couple of pictures, having a rest after hopping round the kitchen!

Jenson.jpg

Jenson2.jpg

Wow, he's gorgeous! Really unusual looking!

Try bribing him with fenugreek crunchies - everybun in the entire world loves them, and they should encourage him to be more confident around you.

Last edited:
He's a really cute bunny:love: I think its natural to worry, especially at first until you get used to knowing whats normal for your bunny. It just shows that you really care about whats best for your pet.

Aww, what a handsome lad. :love:

Most bunnies dislike being picked up, some (like mine) absolutely hate it. To be honest I have managed to do much in the way of bum-checking this summer (breaking my arm didn't help :shock:). 'Firm but gentle' is a difficult balancing act, isn't it? Slowly but surely is probably the bets way to build up confidence. I'm still at it after 5 months! :roll:

Just had to share what a good bunny Jenson has been tonight. He was quiet today but this evening he's been hopping round the kitchen playing and let me brush him a little. I even managed to pick up and lie him on his back, only quick but I'm impressed he let me do it at all :D Little steps.

Back