• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!!! Can my bunny eat Cyclamen and Heather?

tubbysmom

Young Bun
Hi... Just wanted to know, can rabbits eat Cyclamen? I have sooooo much Cyclamen and Heather, and I was wondering, can my bunnies eat it?

Thank you so much.

I definitely wouldn't feed the cyclamen. I have a couple of rabbit nutrition books that list safe wild and garden plants and neither mention it.

As for heather, it is listed in the older of my two books as being safe, but I've never fed any to either of mine so wouldn't want to say go ahead just in case. If you do decide to try the heather, remember that any new food, however safe, can be enough to upset a bunny's tummy and give only a tiny bit.

Personally I wouldn't chance it unless anyone else comes along to say 'yes heather is fine for buns and mine eat it' :)

Cyclamen is a bulb plant/flower and I think all bulb plants/flowers are harmful to Rabbits. Not sure about heather :roll:

Smoo managed a mouthful of my heather before it was planted in the front garden. She was fine, but it was only a mouthful.

Back