• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think it's safe?

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
To let a stranger's buns use G + P's run occassionally? They don't really like the big run anyway, and won't be using it in winter as the difference in temperature will be too extreme compared to their heated shed. For most rabbits it would be a huge space compared to what they're used to, so I'd feel like I was doing a good deed by letting them use it. Do you think it'd be too risky though? Might it cause upset if G + P smell that they've been there? What if they brought fleas and things too? I'd remove all their toys but they might contaminate the grass.

What d'ya reckon?

folder1447.jpg

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't do it.

It would probably cause referred aggression between your bunnies and being on grass there is no way of cleaning it. There is risk of coccidiosis from poos and EC from urine just for starters :?

Personally I wouldn't do it.

It would probably cause referred aggression between your bunnies and being on grass there is no way of cleaning it. There is risk of coccidiosis from poos and EC from urine just for starters :?

Agree with Hugo's There.

When I fostered a bun (neutered male) simply the smell of his scent on the lawn even though he was back inside caused a huge referred aggression issue between my happily bonded pair and we had to keep them inside until he had been rehomed and for several weeks after until the rain had washed the smell away. I would never risk that again!

Thanks guys. :) I don't think my boys would ever fight, but the smell of somebun else on their patch might upset them. I really can't risk any more illness either.

Thanks guys. :) I don't think my boys would ever fight, but the smell of somebun else on their patch might upset them. I really can't risk any more illness either.

I never thought in a million years Poppy and Nino would ever fight either - they are totally inseperable and have been for years. It was quite a shock!

Back