• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

special needs bunny

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Just saw an ad for a 14 week conti baby that has been born without any eyes:( Says he needs a special home but is free Can anyone help?

What about BARC, is that near Sheffield? I wonder if they might have any room? I know all the rescues are overrun though? :(

Is it worth one of us PMing Bunnymadhouse?

In theory I would be prepared to go and collect the bunny - but I am not in any position to offer a home on anything other than a very temporary basis....

.... plus I dont know what the etiquette with these things is...because we hear about them Freead ones all the time dont we?

...But then this bunny is special needs and I would worry about him or her ending up somewhere that doesnt understand his or her needs.

ETA: the only space we have is indoors which wouldnt be ideal for quarantining and I wouldnt want to do anything that might jeopardise our own buns :( And he might be a she, and all the rest of it :(

Basically my willingness is there but practically I dont know if I am best placed to help...i am just thinking worst case scenario...

Last edited:
Could you pm Hugo's There are she deals with the freeadds and she could perhaps send an email to find out the situation. Poor bunny. :(

I can collect the bunny concerned & am willing to help where possible, but sadly we cannot keep the bunny as we have no room :cry:

On the advert it says they believe it is male but will have to confirm sex :?

I will PM Angie, Theo & Kay to see if any of them are able to help.

have you found the ad it was on preloved

Yes I've got it thanks - have pm'd Kay, Theo & Angie. So will update when I can.

If anyone else is able to help with this bunny, I can find out where they are in Sheffield & make arrangements to help with a bunnyrun etc next weekend if we've not managed to sort anything else out.

I just looked up the advert too. I'm a little concerned that the owner seems to be hinting that she'll have him PTS if he's not homed (... and ASAP at that :roll::().

I wish I was in a posistion to help, but I'm really not. :( I'll be watching this with interest to see if anyone can save him though. Poor lad.

I can NOT keep him here, but if anyone down this way can take him, he could stay here temporarily as from next weekend I will have a spare hutch.

Just feel helpless that I can't help for the whole thing (promised o/h that there will not be anymore emergency Willoughby type buns that I have to take in :( )

I have text owner & am ringing her tomorrow - I am not sure yet what will happen, but I will help however I can.

Although as much as I would love to, sadly we cannot keep him with us :cry:

Last edited:
Back